Got the skimmer, I need help on how to install it

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

spanair

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Hello guys, as I previously said on another thread I made I bought a skimmer from a guy second hand, but it doesen't have the manual, so I will apreciatte if any one can help me on how to work it out and install it to my juwel 180 properly :huh: :).

I took two pictures, one with numbers to make it easier, if you need any more pics let me know.

SpanairRS250-skimmer.JPG

SpanairRS250-skimmer2.JPG

The guy put on a new bio filter in the skimmer as well, I also managed to get number 3 onto the big box (number2) so thats something else that I managed to add, I dont know where number 1 the little knob goes.

It's almost done, just need to add that bit, but then i'm not sure how to mount it onto the aquarium or how it's ment to go, so thats where I need help mostly, again if you need any pics tell me, i'll take them for you.

Thanks very much again :thumbs:

Do you know what make of skimmer it is? You can usually find the instructions for them by doing a google search. E.g. 'fluval 1 instructions'. Sorry can't help though

It's an Aquamedic Biostar. I found this pic, which helps, but which part goes inside the aquarium? number 2 or 4 ?

Also what about the air line, where is that ment to go?

Thanks guys, getting closer :kana:

Edit: oops forgot the pic :*):

SpanairRS250-aquamedicbiostar.jpg

That first link is close to mines, but is not the same, im looking at all the manual in the second link see if I have any luck.

You get a free beer on me if I find it ;)

I found out how the skimmer sits from the manual you gave me (so a free pint on me:D), so thats one less thing. I just need to know where that air hose goes to and the little knob and I'm ready to install in soon :thumbs:

Looks like that has a pretty slim profile. would love to hear how it works. I am not too happy with my noisy hawg. Keep us updated plz.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back