Got my ADFs today

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Slyspy

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I ow have two ADFs in my 3 gallon tank, what joy! So far they have just hidden in the floating plants but I look forward to watching them once they have settled in.

Having done some research I think I'm ok to look after them but if any experienced frog owners have any advice I'll gladly take it on board.

Cheers.

these guys are a joy....they like to eat brine shrimp, and some blood worm...the best way to do this is to defrost a small chunk in a small jar...then pour some of the water of into the tank(this gets them going..they smell it and come out)once theyre out then you can pour the food in....these guys can be tricky to feed..i have four of them and had a hard time.they also shed when they grow. youll see a whole skin(kinda like a snake would) leave it in as its good for them to eat..any questions im more than happy to answer.

Hi Slyspy :)

One of the most important things to remember is that they can escape from their tank through a surprisingly small opening. They are strong jumpers for their size. Please take care to keep your tank covered.

I like to feed mine live blackworms. I have fine gravel, so when I put them in, the ones not eaten right away go down into the gravel and live their until the frog gets hungry again. There is nothing left to rot in the water since they are still alive.

As an alternate food, HBH makes a brand of dry pellets that are just the right size for them. Just feed a few at a time, and if you don't see them eat it, don't worry. They will probably find them later on. :D

Have you seen the pinned thread at the top of this forum? :unsure:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back