Got A New Air Pump...

Well.. just tried... sounds exactly the same with or without the check valve on.

Gets about 10 times louder when it's not hooked up to a tube :lol: but that doesn't really matter anyway.

Thanks for your help though....
 
or double sided tape on large sponge and put the air pump on the large ish sponge takes noise down alot
 
Yeah..Just a follow on note really

I have a tetratec pump and they are very quiet (Much quieter since i sat mine on top of a big sponge)

try that

good luck :good:
 
I'd still recommend an eheim lol, no modifications needed!

Mine is sat on wood laminate flooring and is touching the side of the cabinet and I still can't hear it, only the bubbles

Andy
 
Hm... but I had researched and it seemed that most people thought the Renas were quieter. People saying they were SILENT... bull####, unless something's wrong with mine. Okay it doesn't sound like a jackhammer... but it vibrates.... quite readily... and it is making noise from within itself, it makes a sound like, erm, a vibrator? lol... not an adult site, I would say more about its vibrating qualities, you get the picture....

It seems to have gotten louder today. Last night I was almost ignoring it, but today it's definitely the loudest thing in the room, other noises are the bubbles from it inside the tank and my laptop's fan... Rena is definitely louder than any of those.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top