Goruamis And Odessa Barbs

walt8880

Reaction score
In planning my new tank, I am leaning toward starting with a Pearl Gourami , a shoal of 8-10 odessa barbs and 6-8 corydoras.

Will these guys be happy together? Tank will be planted 29 gal, if I ever get it!!!! :rolleyes:

I am a semi novice, so anything very complex is probably above my level of expertise.

thanks

There could be a few problems with that setup.

What temperature are you planning on setting the tank to. After looking online the temperature range for a Odessa Barb is 14 - 22 oC however the Pearls would not do well at this temperature. The Gouramis would need a minimum temp of 24 and max being 27, most prefered being around 26.

That will be your only problem as both fish are pretty non aggressive?

I have multipe gouramis on with my odessa barbs at a temp of 25 and they get along fine, with a shoal of 8-10 with curb out any bad behaviour to!

if you are going to get a pearl gourami go for a pair as they do better that way, very peaceful fish!

i've had odessa barb's with neon dwarf gorguamis and had no problems but my tank does have quite alot of plant's in it which alway's help's.

I have multipe gouramis on with my odessa barbs at a temp of 25 and they get along fine, with a shoal of 8-10 with curb out any bad behaviour to!

if you are going to get a pearl gourami go for a pair as they do better that way, very peaceful fish!

Better to get male and female, two males or two females? or does it matter?

thanks

I suppose that not everything is set in stone :rolleyes:

So the odessa barbs do fine in the higher temps? Might look at getting a few myself then.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back