Good tank mates for a honey gourami

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

Willbacon23

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Hey guys this is a bit of a weird one. My friend has recently given me his honey gourami to look after as heā€™s no longer able to for various reasons. The only place I can fit it currently is a 25 gallon which Iā€™ve had as a quarantine tank. Itā€™s unfortunately had to change my original plans for the tank but itā€™s a lovely docile fish and donā€™t want it to get lonely. Iā€™m wondering what tank mates to put in with it. My water is fairly hard with. PH around neutral. Iā€™ve seen a lot of people on here not like/ recommend gouramis but thereā€™s nothing I can do in this situation so any help would be appreciated. Due to having corydoras in my other tank Iā€™d prefer other tankmates just to try something new!

You need to look for less active fish like rasbora's or some Tetra's for example to go with sedate fish like the honey. It depends on the hardness of your water tho

You say your waters fairly hard, but that can be took for quite a big range. Do you know the Gh/ppm of your water at all?

You need to look for less active fish like rasbora's or some Tetra's for example to go with sedate fish like the honey. It depends on the hardness of your water tho

You say your waters fairly hard, but that can be took for quite a big range. Do you know the Gh/ppm of your water at all?
I think itā€™s 150GH

It's fine for most tank bred tetras :)

Flame Tetra would look quite nice with their bright red bodies next to the yellow honey in a planted set up.

Im not 100% on the Loaches. Normally they are quite active and prefer softer water but you might be ok with Khuli loach.

Flame Tetra would look quite nice with their bright red bodies next to the yellow honey in a planted set up.

Im not 100% on the Loaches. Normally they are quite active and prefer softer water but you might be ok with Khuli loach.
Never had tetras so could be a good shout that.

Most tetra are peaceful but there are a couple of tetra that I would avoid like black skirted tetra which are known fin nippers.

Last edited:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back