Goldie Nugget Pleco, Alright In An Unheated Aquarium?

Genesis

If you're a cory and you know it clap your.. hands
Joined
Nov 13, 2005
Messages
1,499
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Location
GB
I wish to move my Golden Nugget from my 50gal to my 20gal (which is unheated) is this wise? :unsure:
 
I don't know for definate but I wouldn't have thought so

depends on how warm room is I suppose
 
Definately not unless the temperature in your house never drops below 22c.
 
Well, it doesn't drop that low in my room.
And that is where the tank is.
:)
 
I'd be suprised if your room is 22c all day and all night. These fish come from large rivers with stable temperatures so they wont take the variable temperature of an unheated tank well, however its your fish so your choice.
 
Well, I dunno.
It's pretty toasty in here :)
I've got 3 fish tanks heated to 27C, and the central heating is permanently on with a vent under my bed.
I have double-glazed windows which are always closed and about 5 inches of insulation above my ceiling.
I really don't know whether the temperature dips significantly as there is no thermometer in my room.
:good:
 
Short answer is, no.

They're tropical fish so unless your house is in the tropics, which last time I looked Buckinghamshire was not, then the answer is obvious.
 
Alright, keep your hair on.
It was just a question.

:rolleyes:
 

Most reactions

Back
Top