Goldfish with Ich

I change 25-50% every week. But since they've gotten sick I've been doing 25-50% every other day. The tank is over filtered.
For goldies you need to change a lot, try 50-75% twice a week.
 
I change 25-50% every week. But since they've gotten sick I've been doing 25-50% every other day. The tank is over filtered.
As I'm sure you've noticed, especially when rinsing out filter media, goldfish are messy. I do 75%-plus water changes weekly and most veteran goldfish-keepers do at least that depending on stocking levels. (Mine are very light). Goldfish-folk probably change water almost as much as serious Discus-folk many of whom do daily large water changes.
 
Good to know, I'm pretty sure their problems were caused by the new addition rather than water quality issues since I test about every other week and haven't noticed any issues. I'll be sure to change more water moving forward though.
 
Good to know, I'm pretty sure their problems were caused by the new addition rather than water quality issues since I test about every other week and haven't noticed any issues. I'll be sure to change more water moving forward though.
Oh, I agree. I was addressing the lethargy.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top