The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

DancingBetta

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
D13F9EE0-6A22-433B-BA06-9A4D8640172A.jpeg
image.jpg
My goldfish is lying on the bottom of his tank. He seems to be missing some scales. He was acting fine yesterday. He started swimming around when I come close, but lays back down when I leave. Please help.

He’s swimming around a bit now, but he seems to have a bit of difficulty moving around as much as usual. His scales seem kind of... glossy. And he’s opening and closing his mouth quite a bit.

Water change and add baxteria will help i suppose

Its caused by poor water quality (ammonia and nitrite).

Reduce feeding to once every couple of days.

Do a 75% water change and gravel clean the substrate every day until the readings are 0ppm.
Make sure any new water is free of chlorine/ chloramine before it's added to the tank.

add salt to treat fungus. use 2 heaped tablespoons per 20 litres of water.

Poor Finn can’t catch a break! He has some sort of fin rot, could the fungus have been fin rot all along? Anyway, he spends time at the bottom but still eats and is active.

If the fins are ragged that is fin-rot. If they are ragged with redness on the tips that is active fin-rot. Keep doing water changes until you reach 0 ppm for ammonia and nitrite. This will stop the red streaks but you will need an anti-bacterial treatment for the fin rot. The best anti-bacterial treatment that I know of is Waterlife Myxazin.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back