Goldfish eggs?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Wrecker4488

Reaction score
IMG_5090.JPG IMG_5091.JPG IMG_5092.JPG IMG_5093.JPG
This morning a gave my goldfish some food and i saw a white cloudy ball with a membrane float across the substrate and thought it was leftover food from the night before that got overturned and continued with my day. I came home and said hi to my goldies and noticed several of them attached to rocks and my fake plants. I thought, "this is either eggs or some bad bacteria". I could not believe it! i have one black moor that i do not know its age since it was a rescue and a butterfly telescope who id assume is about a year old. I thought both fish were females since they have a rounded rear. I am not sure if there are eggs, but from my research on the internet it sounds about right. I would just like confirmation.

Tank specs for additional info:
size: 30 gal (2 goldfish inhabit the tank)
temp: 72-75 Farienhiet
kh: 60
gh: 40
ph:7.2
NO3: 10 ppm
NO2: 0 ppm

I have seen what appears to be m smaller male courting my female, but i thought that goldfish was territorial over food since they'd mainly chase when i fed them

Update: I do not have a proper setup for the eggs (due to space and financial reasons) so im unsure what I'm going to do with them. I left them in the tank with the adult goldfish and the fish have not touched them or bothered with them. Today I noticed the faintest breeding stars on my small male goldfish, and considering the larger one is way older than him, I'd suppose that one is a female. When I originally brought these fish home I was hoping they'd be the same gender so I wouldn't have to deal with fry.
I do not believe that the male was fertile at the time the eggs were released because the eggs look more closely to unfertilized eggs when compared to those online. Though I do see black dots inside all the eggs, the eggs seem too white and not clear enough to be fertilized. There was also no clouded water in the morning I last saw them or in the afternoon (2:30pm ish) indicating sperm, but it could have diminished by the time I returned.

Besides that, everything is normal with the tank and the two goldfish are still swimming besides each other all day and begging me for another helping of food hahaha.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back