Golden Wonder Fry Dilemma

N0body Of The Goat

Oddball and African riverine fish keeper
Reaction score
I've managed to raise one of the surprise three GWP I discovered just after moving the parents and other fish out of the Rio240, some three months or so ago. The dilemma I have is that depsite having grown nicely in length to ~4cm TL, he/she is still quite slender (~5mm across).

I would love to give him/her free run of the Rio240, but I'm wary of what the other fish may do in response...
  • 9 Pearl Danios (~5cm TL, not such a worry, to be rehomed one way or another in the next week)
  • 4 Yellowtail Congo Tetras (last of the group that "imploded" on itself due to jousting injury deaths, bit wary, ~6.5cm TL. Going back down to 5-footer within the next week)
  • 12 Lionhead Cichlids ("mum" plus her ~5cm TL, 3.5 month old fry/vultures, rather wary. Fry getting new homes one way or another in the next week)

My hunch is that I should wait a little longer until next weekend, by which time most if not all the above will be gone. I can then move my two African Butterfly Fish into the Rio240 and then release this lovely little killi into the 620T, where he/she can safely "bulk up" and show whether its a male (in which case I doubt I could ever safely introduce it to my trio including its parents), or if it is a female add her to the little group.

Any thoughts?

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back