discus dreamer
Fish Fanatic
Hi all
I have been thinking of changing my main tank over to discus for years now but have at last come to the decision not to do it. Just too much maintenance. I do weekly water changes in both my tanks but I don't think I could cope with more, nor can i expect my neihbours to do more than feed fish when i am away.
So I have gone with minor changes to develop more of the same theme. To add to my shoal of 10 congo tetras i am going to add 12 green tiger barbs (in quarantine tank now) I am replacing my huge siamese flying fox (he went to the shop today) with 2 ottos and a bristlenose. So the tank will be mainly congos and green tiger barbs both of which shoal really attractively. I also have 4 glass catfish so will get a couple more.
One day i would like to go for a big fish with character but for the moment i like this shoaling idea.
The green tiger barbs look great now but they might seem too few in the big tank so i might have to get the calculator out re. stocking.
Any one else into shoals or know what shoals well?
I have some elderly neons as well but they have always been too much at home to bother about sticking together.
DD
I have been thinking of changing my main tank over to discus for years now but have at last come to the decision not to do it. Just too much maintenance. I do weekly water changes in both my tanks but I don't think I could cope with more, nor can i expect my neihbours to do more than feed fish when i am away.
So I have gone with minor changes to develop more of the same theme. To add to my shoal of 10 congo tetras i am going to add 12 green tiger barbs (in quarantine tank now) I am replacing my huge siamese flying fox (he went to the shop today) with 2 ottos and a bristlenose. So the tank will be mainly congos and green tiger barbs both of which shoal really attractively. I also have 4 glass catfish so will get a couple more.
One day i would like to go for a big fish with character but for the moment i like this shoaling idea.
The green tiger barbs look great now but they might seem too few in the big tank so i might have to get the calculator out re. stocking.
Any one else into shoals or know what shoals well?
I have some elderly neons as well but they have always been too much at home to bother about sticking together.
DD







