going back to fake plants

wrs

Michelle's Hot
Reaction score
no matter what I do, the freckin real plants all come up and float at the top. I have to fix them 6 times a day. I cant take it anymore, lol. Its getting a bit anoying. I want to ge back to fake plants but keeping the real ones as well. Is that bad for the fish? How about the snail. We had some fuzzy looking plants the were really nice, and the thing ate them all. In two days. I lik e how they look, but cant stand all the work involved in them.

The fish will live, but they won't like it. Whats wrong with floating plants? Out of all my plants (a lot) I only have 2 or three that stay on the bottom. The fish feel happier in a well plnted tank IME :D

they all get eaten by the snail then. and i dont like the look of them floating. I mean ill still have the real ones, but the majority would be the fake ones.

you can get special plants weights for like 50p each, they are lil bits of sponge with metal attached to anchor them to the bottom......., if you can get your hands on them then all you really have to do is pic out any brown leaves and thats it, hay presto, but as the other person said it is good to have a few floating plants for the fish to seek cover from light.....

they all go in a fake plant and under caves and in pots, they dont seem to like them floating.
I do have weights, because at petsmart they come with those, but they dont really work, the weitghts stay and so do the roots, but the snail bites them off and they float up, and theyre always in the same spot.

What type of substrate do you have and what depth is it, I think this is your problem.

When you buy real plants how long do they live for??

its gravel,and its about 1.5 to 2 inches deep. The plants live for a while, the longest ive had a plant that didnt get eaten was maybe 1 month. But I did have one that was being eaten so i took it out, and it was doing fine in my betta tank, the only problem was it sheed its leaves, but it was growing them back and as soon as i put it in, it was eaten again.

they all get eaten by the snail then. and i dont like the look of them floating. I mean ill still have the real ones, but the majority would be the fake ones.

That should be ok, do you have Java ferns? Really easy to tie down, nothing really eats them (maybe silver dollars, the fish equivilent of a lawn mower :lol: ), and they are very hardy :D

IMO fake plants are fine.

They do not look as good but fish do not seem to be aesthetically bothered by the difference. They will be equally happy with fakes.

imo, fake plants are great. they need no maintence or attention never die and AWALYS look good. you need not worry about things eating them as well.

What type of snail is it?

Maybe you should take the snail to one side and give him a good ticking off.

i've only got small snails in my tank thank god, i'm not harassed like you are. Try Java ferns as dwarfs sugested if you haven't tried them allready.

Most reactions

Back