Glofish with internal bleeding

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Twinklepebble

Reaction score
I am new to this site but found it when searching for advice for my Glofish. (Which I believe are genetically modified white skirt tetra). We have a little guy that got caught in our aquarium decoration. He had been having trouble swimming - we thought swim bladder disease and had just tried an epsom salt bath. Anyway, he got wedged in and we are not sure how many hrs he was there before my son found him. I tried very gently to release him but it appeared to damage his body and cause internal bleeding. He seems near death - resting sideways on the bottom of the tank most of the time but still moving and swimming every so often. I am wondering if there is anything at all that can be done! My 7 year old is devastated and if nothing else it would be good to have an idea of how long he might survive. We had temporarily moved him when I took this pic but he is back in the main tank so he could still be in warm filtered water. Thanks in advance for any perspectives!

Attachments

• A6A3F87E-9B57-4A31-BF25-32E2176481AC.jpeg
    A6A3F87E-9B57-4A31-BF25-32E2176481AC.jpeg
    161 KB · Views: 330
If there is major internal damage, the fish could die in the next few hours. If there's no internal damage, it might recover.

What was it swimming like before this happened?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back