Ghost Shrimps

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorrell said:
I think it's sad that someone with the title "Leader of the Fishies" would post that they did something so irresponsible and cruel. Remember before you post something that newbies look to this forum for knowledge, and number of post is often times interpreted as experience and intelect.
...i have made this message as a warning to newbies who seeks for advivce to not buy ghost shrimps...and for those who said my neons were dead? who told u that? it was still alive with it's tail chewed off........i know when a fish is sick or not..and why dont u look at this link before u talk !@#$ about my knowledge about fish/invertabrates.......

Link to newbs

EDIT: If i don't like the shrimps why would i buy the shirmps in the first place????'
and u know, if u have seen that scene, u would have thrown up :rolleyes: And my neon got killed *snaps* just like that..if i had only noticed it earlier...*sigh* My neons are innocent too they got killed for noting.......would u want a murderer in your house? would u want osama in ur house? wont u want to kill him? when he killed ur family members?

So was the neon(s) still swimming or was it at the bottom? The shrimp have no way of knowing if the fish is dead. There must have been something wrong with the neons because ghost shrimp cannot catch up with them, especially when they're scared. :no:

tempestuousfury said:
So was the neon(s) still swimming or was it at the bottom? The shrimp have no way of knowing if the fish is dead. There must have been something wrong with the neons because ghost shrimp cannot catch up with them, especially when they're scared. :no:
the shrimp was hangin on my plants while the neon was struggling to leave

Edit: dont u think that i ahve waited till my shrimp killed my 4th neon? i have 8 in total and now i only have 4 :byebye:

Still.... just because they killed your fish doesn't mean that they deserved to die. You should have found a different home for them or fed them to fish that'd eat them (so as not to kill them without getting something out of it). Cold-blooded murderers aren't killed so mercilessly, so why should a shrimp be killed in such a way?

Anywho, sorry for what happened. It's just that we find what you did to be unnecessary.

tempestuousfury said:
Still.... just because they killed your fish doesn't mean that they deserved to die. You should have found a different home for them or fed them to fish that'd eat them (so as not to kill them without getting something out of it). Cold-blooded murderers aren't killed so mercilessly, so why should a shrimp be killed in such a way?

Anywho, sorry for what happened. It's just that we find what you did to be unnecessary.

and all u shrimp lovers might say that it's mean but trust me.......i did it for a reason..ever think that i loose $$ too?...even tho they are not very expensive..but still.. :sad:

What was the reason?

Like people have said, you could have moved them. Then which fish would have been hurt? :angry:

As for Bush, that's just something that people can't avoid. War is a travesty but there isn't a way around it. The Kellogg-Briand Pact could never work and it never will! Anyways, those people die in the heat of battle or are ignorant. You shouldn't be!

..*sigh* i should have took a picture and stuck it in yall's face.... anyways..........wut's done will alwasy be done...no turning back but wut i did is right according to me

Everybody just relax, I'm sorry that happened Kevin but I must agree...the fish was probably dead before the ghost began eating it, it's physically impossible for a ghost shrimp to manhandle a fish unless it's a fry.

I hate to say 'it's just a shrimp' because that may upset some people. There are different ways of seeing things. I have raised many a generation of ghosties in my community tank (before I turned it into a species tank and got rid of the shrimp). They're cute and busy little guys BUT I also feed about 3 dozen of them to my midas each week :/ . Although flushing was extreme....it was only a shrimp.

Don't get the impression that I'm 'ok' with such things. I remember a member who killed his betta because it killed a guppy. I almost blew my top over that! But a shrimp is kinda like a bug IMO.

wuvmybetta said:
Everybody just relax, I'm sorry that happened Kevin but I must agree...the fish was probably dead before the ghost began eating it, it's physically impossible for a ghost shrimp to manhandle a fish unless it's a fry.

I hate to say 'it's just a shrimp' because that may upset some people. There are different ways of seeing things. I have raised many a generation of ghosties in my community tank (before I turned it into a species tank and got rid of the shrimp). They're cute and busy little guys BUT I also feed about 3 dozen of them to my midas each week :/ . Although flushing was extreme....it was only a shrimp.

Don't get the impression that I'm 'ok' with such things. I remember a member who killed his betta because it killed a guppy. I almost blew my top over that! But a shrimp is kinda like a bug IMO.
yea..and talk about haw many shrimps i have eaten..(no ghost shrimps) and yea..at least sum1 understands :rolleyes:

"tell that to bush for the wars"
Your right. The war in Iraq GAVE you the right to flush the shrimp.

I don't think you own ghost shrimp.... maybe you accidently bought another kind of shrimp that was mislabled at the fish store... because like many have said, it is impossible for a shrimp to catch a neon.

I have ghost shrimp with neons, glowlights, danios, and otos that are right there at the bottom with them and they have never hurt a fly.

I'm leaning towards the idea that you don't have ghost shrimp, you bought some other kind of shrimp.

I hate crickets and feed them to my reptiles but I wouldn't just go squish a bunch for no reason. That's just mean and inhumane.

kevin007 said:
...........i have seen my shrimps EAT CHEW YA HEARD? EAT CHEW..and i have finaly..cannot stant it, i had to..get all of my shrimps out and they went down the toilet........
na , have you seen them catch the neons , only if they're already dead .

As others have stated , that was a senseless thing to do .

I've kept ghosts with guppies and otos , the otos would be easier [ I think ] to catch then neons , and I had some shrimp almost an inch and a half long , they all lived together fine .

" Hope you have nightmares about big hands and toilet bowls " :rofl:

kevin007 said:
Sorrell said:
I think it's sad that someone with the title "Leader of the Fishies" would post that they did something so irresponsible and cruel. Remember before you post something that newbies look to this forum for knowledge, and number of post is often times interpreted as experience and intelect.
...i have made this message as a warning to newbies who seeks for advivce to not buy ghost shrimps...and for those who said my neons were dead? who told u that? it was still alive with it's tail chewed off........i know when a fish is sick or not..and why dont u look at this link before u talk !@#$ about my knowledge about fish/invertabrates.......

Link to newbs

EDIT: If i don't like the shrimps why would i buy the shirmps in the first place????'
and u know, if u have seen that scene, u would have thrown up :rolleyes: And my neon got killed *snaps* just like that..if i had only noticed it earlier...*sigh* My neons are innocent too they got killed for noting.......would u want a murderer in your house? would u want osama in ur house? wont u want to kill him? when he killed ur family members?
Please Kevin WATHCH UR DARN LANGUAGE :sly:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back