Ghost-Shrimp and waste?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Shaydensmom

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I got some nice links on ghost-Shrimps here, the only thing I couldn't find out though was- does anyone know how much much waste they produce??? In a 2 Gallon-Tank with ONE Goldfish, how many Shrimp it's ok to put in there?

I've got shrimp and I'm amazed at just how much waste they do produce!

I need to ensure that the water is well oxygenated at all times, and also one of the main things to watch out for is your filter.
I have an internal filter, and I have to put fine wool over the intake (on the inside, wrapped around my sponge) to ensure that they don't get stuck.

I plan to transfer my shrimps and other small tropicals into a Rio 180 soon, and am feeling that extra filtration may be needed, as the shrimp waste settles on the bottom very quickly.
Vaccuuming on a regular basis is needed for my tank.

OK, theres been a topic about not jumping to conclusions so if I am, sorry!

You can't keep a goldfish in a two gallon. Goldfish grow to a foot long. No two gallon I've seen is at leat 1 foot long. Plus they produce A LOT of waste. Is your tank filtered? If not, your goldfish won't live too long, I doubt. One goldfish needs a minimum of 10 gallons, 20 gallons if better. And goldfish can live to 20+ years easily if looked after properly.

Sorry if your planning on putting him in a pond when it gets warm, but its better to make sure people know.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back