fishfixated

Reaction score
Is this ram male or female? New to rams but keeping fish a couple years

Attachments

• 20221225_215109.jpg
    20221225_215109.jpg
    222.3 KB · Views: 5,895
Welcome to TFF

After a couple of weeks, that ram should have more color, whether it be male or female...they need pristine water conditions

Is the tank cycled?

Welcome to TFF

After a couple of weeks, that ram should have more color, whether it be male or female...they need pristine water conditions

Is the tank cycled?
Yeah tanks a couple years old. I was more looking at the fin shape to figure it since I'd read the colours are hard to go by

The next question is, are ou asking because you want to acquire another ram or rams, or just out of interest? If you are thinking of acquiring more...don't, this is unlikely to be successful. As the video linked by @Slaphppy7 shows very well, the two rams that have selected one another seem to have bonded. And that is the key...they need to pair up from a tank of rams.

To me it looks like young male. Look at the tip of both anal and dorsal, it starts to look a bit pointy already. Colorwise, it needs some time to develop more intensive coloration.

Looks like a male IMO. Not many years in the hobby, but l have quite some experience with sexing Rams...

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back