German Blue Ram

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I have put rainwater in my tanks before. I might add sometime next time we have a storm and see if that helps any.

try some driftwood in the tank. it can help lower pH a bit.

8.4 is really really high.. just because the pet store uses that pH doesn't mean it's right for the fish.

I do have driftwood in the tank, and I have used Canadian Pesticide free peat moss. Tannins and all. Hasn't worked.

Today, I moved the male in with the female to consolidate tanks.

The female has been actively eating and swimming about and colorful for the past week. No signs of being sick ect. The male has been parading his empty tank fort he past week looking for a female.

When I put them together, he imeadiately turned bright blue, and swam up to her and they starting displaying at each other. Now they are following each other closely. I am sincerely hoping for the best.

I will post pictures of the massive amount of driftwood if ya like.

They are currently alive and well. I assumed that they weren't going to breed as they didn't show signs of it. I was fine with that, considering how beautiful they are. But the other day, her ovipositor (spelling?) tube popped down. Yesterday, I found some eggs laid in a pit on the gravel (weird, figured they would have used driftwood or a cave). They looked infertile. But this morning, when I put a light in there, they looked like they had black eye dots on the eggs. I am not sure though, as it's an awkward hard to see place to put eggs.

They are currently alive and well. I assumed that they weren't going to breed as they didn't show signs of it. I was fine with that, considering how beautiful they are. But the other day, her ovipositor (spelling?) tube popped down. Yesterday, I found some eggs laid in a pit on the gravel (weird, figured they would have used driftwood or a cave). They looked infertile. But this morning, when I put a light in there, they looked like they had black eye dots on the eggs. I am not sure though, as it's an awkward hard to see place to put eggs.

It will be interesting for me to see how your fish come along as I would also like to put a couple of blue rams in my tank. I also have hard water. The other fish in my tank like high temps and about the same ph as rams but they are living fine in the harder water. Keep us posted on how they are doing. Sorry about the loss of the other two.

It's okay. I don't know if the others were bad fish because these guys seem fine. Our Petsmart just lowered the price from 6 bucks (which is very cheap) to 3 bucks a piece (basically giving them away). So I think I may add a few more females. They are constantly at full color, swimming around actively, eating food and showing no signs of stress, disease, or anything at all. I've been reducing my water changes to twice a month, due to the fact that the tank is a 47g and it's lightly stocked. I think the less disruption the better for them.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back