German Blue Ram, sick or Injured

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I live in Canada and we only have pets mart and pet land here

I live in Vancouver; there are a few online retailers in Canada that probably carry some medications. As medications are usually an emergency issue, local stores are obviously quicker. Do you have any independent retail stores (not the chain stores mentioned)?

No, I don't think there are any independent stores near surrey or my area. Usually my parents wouldn't even let me buy things for my fish that are over five to ten dollars (without tax), especially medication. They call this wasting and no profit. Also, they don't even belived that mess work unless there is secure proof by me and only me. I find that often, independent pet shops around here are really expensive due to quality products, don't know If that is true though.

Edit: I did find a aquatic shop called roger's aquatics and pet supplies. Not certain if it is a chain store or independent.

Edit: I did find a aquatic shop called roger's aquatics and pet supplies. Not certain if it is a chain store or independent.

Roger's is a good fish store, or used to be anyway; it is far for me to get to from Pitt Meadows, but I have been there years ago. Aquariums West in Vancouver is good, and Noah's Pet Ark on West Broadway in Vancouver. Then there is April's Aquarium on East Hastings in Burnaby. And J&L Aquatics off of Lougheed Hwy near Galardi Way in Burnaby. I use J&L for medications when needed, and fish foods, as they sell at online (low) prices and they are very reliable; they are primarily marine (salt water fish) but do carry supplies for freshwater.

Thank you. But what do you mean by "was a good store"? Anyways, I live in surrey and Vancouver is way off limits for me. My parents would freak out if they found out I went all the way to Vancouver for a fish.

Thank you. But what do you mean by "was a good store"?

I have not been there for years. They used to be in New Westminster, then moved to Surrey. It was a good store in those days. Sometimes stores change owners and can become very different, but if this is still the same "Roger's" it should be reliable. Though I cannot say the advice of all staff is, I don't know any of them. Always confirm what store staff tell you before making the purchase.

Thank you. But what do you mean by "was a good store"? Anyways, I live in surrey and Vancouver is way off limits for me. My parents would freak out if they found out I went all the way to Vancouver for a fish.

May I just ask, is your fish actually sick or are you just planning in advance if it does happen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, I do have a betta that lost some scales, he is healing well though. But mostly, I'm just securing a good store and planning in advance if an emergency occurs. Good question btw

Well, I do have a betta that lost some scales, he is healing well though. But mostly, I'm just securing a good store and planning in advance if an emergency occurs. Good question btw

Ok, fair enough

Have they always had curved spines?

Coming from someone who breeds them, this looks familiar to me, but it doesn’t involve parasites of any kind. Especially since no other fish were affected.

Sadly I think he’s on his death bed, he’s now lying on his head, with a bend spine, :(

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back