General Chat, The Vote

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

What is your favorite name for the proposed General Chat forum?

• Chit Chat

Votes: 6 11.1%
  • The Social Club

Votes: 7 13.0%
  • Chat Central

Votes: 4 7.4%
  • TFF Open Discussion

Votes: 10 18.5%
  • General Chat

Votes: 27 50.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we are there. Unless the votes change much, looks like the final contest will be between General Chat and The Great Escape. Final poll will be up soon. SH

rolleyes.gif
Surely a date should have been set? you can't end a poll on the number of votes it has.

So thats it, a few poxy votes out of nearly 50000 members and its final?????

This poll should run for 2 weeks more with a mass email sent to all members with a link to this topic.

This poll should run for 2 weeks more with a mass email sent to all members with a link to this topic.

SH, I actually agree on this. This is a big step to bring back a general discussion section and the poll's only been up since April 3rd. Running the poll for at least two weeks with a possible mass e-mail to members is to me, a very sound idea. Perhaps I am wrong? 47/50000 is like .001% voter turn-out. Not a lot if you ask me. 1% is 500. Still low turn-out, but 500 is better than 47.

llj

I think you should use the 2 winning votes in the title IE: General Chat "The Great Escape" as it stands now in the poll, I don't see what all the fuse is about.

Members should be happier knowning that the Mods are even thinking about bringing it back, what ever name it ends up with. To blast it now, just proves a point.

SH, I actually agree on this. This is a big step to bring back a general discussion section and the poll's only been up since April 3rd. Running the poll for at least two weeks with a possible mass e-mail to members is to me, a very sound idea. Perhaps I am wrong? 47/50000 is like .001% voter turn-out. Not a lot if you ask me. 1% is 500. Still low turn-out, but 500 is better than 47.

llj

I agree 100% with that. :nod:

Seriously everyone, why is this such a problem. If you don't like the humorous names vote for the one with the fewest votes instead of spitting your dummies out and complaining

Seriously everyone, why is this such a problem. If you don't like the humorous names vote for the one with the fewest votes instead of spitting your dummies out and complaining

how do you find out which has the fewest votes before you either vote or void your vote?

how do you find out which has the fewest votes before you either vote or void your vote?

oh yeah, my bad! But anyway stop complaining and just vote!

I think if we are going to bother sending out what many people will consider a spam e-mail we should include quite a bit more than a poll for a new section name. This poll was decided upon by the moderating team to involve the more active members. Two weeks sounds like a fair enough time for this poll to run.

Looking at a post from one of our mods, we have the following members statistics;

From doing a little research, stats below:

19620 members that have not posted in the last 2 years
28640 members that have not logged in in the last 2 years (59% of the membership)
37580 members that have not logged in in the last year (77% of our membership)
42960 members that have not been active in the last six months (88% of our membership)
36700 members with less than 10 posts
3520 members with more than 100 posts
960 members with over 500 posts
460 members with over 1000 posts

From looking at this, you can draw the conclusion that we probably fall into the 90/10 category where 90% of our posts come from 10% of our members. It could be more toward 95/5 since only about 7% of our members have at least 100 posts. A large number of our members joined, posted to get the help they needed and moved on.

12% of our membership, or 5933 members have been active in the last 6 months. Out of these members, as stated, are members who joined to get the help they needed, and moved on.

I think if we are going to bother sending out what many people will consider a spam e-mail we should include quite a bit more than a poll for a new section name. This poll was decided upon by the moderating team to involve the more active members. Two weeks sounds like a fair enough time for this poll to run.

Yes, the Newsletter would be a more worthy e-mail, IMO. But at least the added length to this poll will get more votes.

I have voted....

I'm not too bothered (but am actually on the side of a more standard name)

I just think it'll be nice to have somewhere for inane rubbish. not all chat has to have a purpose, sometimes you just wanna say "woo i just did this, aren't i great!!" or "this bad stuff just happened, everyone feel sorry for me" or even "who here is from this place and fancies going out for a drink tonight?"

Well...now you will have a place to do that Chris. If you want to talk about the great beer you had last night....or how tired you are of changing doody diapers....you'll have a place....

OK then. Poll runs longer. Members can get the word out to vote amongst themselves. I agree that a mass emailing is like spam. I also agree about the power of the vote. The most active members are looking at this and they have the most power, per se. It shows how powerful voting is, even if it IS for just a forum name.

Now, back to our regularly schedule program. SH

Well...now you will have a place to do that Chris. If you want to talk about the great beer you had last night....or how tired you are of changing doody diapers....you'll have a place....

OK then. Poll runs longer. Members can get the word out to vote amongst themselves. I agree that a mass emailing is like spam. I also agree about the power of the vote. The most active members are looking at this and they have the most power, per se. It shows how powerful voting is, even if it IS for just a forum name.

Now, back to our regularly schedule program. SH

now that you mention it, it's about time my daughter got potty trained... :lol:
(don't drink though, welll.... not alcohol)

I think you should use the 2 winning votes in the title IE: General Chat "The Great Escape" as it stands now in the poll

I think that is a jolly good idea :good:

General Chat
The Great Escape

So SH, announce a date for close of play :good: the longer this goes on the longer we are without General Chat! :look: surely anyone who is going to vote has already voted :nod: so lets get started woo hoo............

Seffie x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back