I'm the "idot" sending the fish through the post and they are fry which are not within the restricted rules of Royal Mail regulations, they can be posted as long as it follows their guidelines.
My fish are always posted double bagged, boxed with suitable heatpack - 40 hours and I use bubble wrap to cushion and retain heat, the box is once again wrapped with a plastic film to avoid any water leakage and clearly marked as to their content.
I've checked with other private carriers and even they cannot 100% guarantee that they will carry or sort live creatures any differently than Royal Mail do.
My fry were sold on Ebay with the proviso that they were collected, but they could be posted at the buyers own risk.
I may be a fool for having let them go on Ebay and not stipulating that they should have only been collected and not posted, but I'm not a fool in using Royal Mail. They are no different than any other courier company.. I know I've used quite a few at work and they all make cockups.
Thank you for your comments, tactful as always I see, it is one thing to express yourself but without thought for other peoples feelings is not nice especially in a Mod.
