Future 125l Stocking

MewMew42

Fish Herder
Joined
Feb 13, 2009
Messages
1,420
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Manchester UK
I will be getting my 125l tank this friday, i have already pre-cycled a filter for it so thats no issue

i would like the following in there, i haven't found any issues so far between them by looking up the info on the net but i was wondering what you guys thought

6 panda corys
6 glass bloodfin tetras
3-6 glass catfish
2 0r 3 yellow honey [?] gouramis
2 pelvichromis taeniatus
4 or so longfin zebra danios

is there anything else suitable? im having a hard time thinking!
 
On a whole it looks fine.

Im not sure what the pelvichromis taeniatus are lol

One thing I would point out is that the panda corys are quite sensitive so I wouldn't add them for a while. Even though you have a pre cycled filter, I would still wait until the tank has matured (6 months) or go for a different type of cory

Andy
 
ah thankyou =]

Pelvichromis taeniatus are part of the same family as kribensis, same care i believe!

just another quick question how long will it take a filter to become mature if it is placed in an already mature tank with another filter?
 
Nice stocking idea they will look good together - good call on the Pelvichromis taeniatus beautiful fish and a little bit different to the common krib :) Think I would have leapt at them if I had seen them for my tank.

If you place a new filter into a mature tank the bacteria in the other filter will migrate and help speed it up but as for time I am unsure I guess the only way to test if its done is to put it in a new tank and add ammonia and see how it processes it.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top