FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

antoniasparrowhawk

Reaction score
My fish has a growth on his side, hopefully you can see on the attached pictures. It continually grows and its white so I thought it was a fungus. However I've done water changes, cleaned the tank and filter and given him anti fungal medication but nothing seems to work.
Any advice? Thank you

Attachments

• VideoCapture_20210620-123938.jpg
    VideoCapture_20210620-123938.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 67
  • VideoCapture_20210620-123856.jpg
    VideoCapture_20210620-123856.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 66
  • VideoCapture_20210620-123847.jpg
    VideoCapture_20210620-123847.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 68
  • VideoCapture_20210620-124010.jpg
    VideoCapture_20210620-124010.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 65
I once had a betta which looked like that. At the time I thought it was lymphocystis but I've been told since that it was a tumour. Does the lump on your betta get bigger and bigger then suddenly sort of deflate leaving it flatter than it was, then start to 'inflate' again? That's what mine did. After a while, smaller lumps started to grow down his side.

My betta's first lump was right above his gill. He didn't seem to notice anything wrong, he ate and swam round like he always did. Then as the lump got bigger it it reached his gill, then went into his gill, and that's when he started to go downhill.
Your betta's lump looks far enough away from the gill that it won't cause the same problem as mine had, so yours will be able to live normally even if he looks a bit odd.

Does it tore into the scales and muscle of the fish ? From a far it looks like ulcer .... fish skin ulcer

I once had a betta which looked like that. At the time I thought it was lymphocystis but I've been told since that it was a tumour. Does the lump on your betta get bigger and bigger then suddenly sort of deflate leaving it flatter than it was, then start to 'inflate' again? That's what mine did. After a while, smaller lumps started to grow down his side.

My betta's first lump was right above his gill. He didn't seem to notice anything wrong, he ate and swam round like he always did. Then as the lump got bigger it it reached his gill, then went into his gill, and that's when he started to go downhill.
Your betta's lump looks far enough away from the gill that it won't cause the same problem as mine had, so yours will be able to live normally even if he looks a bit odd.
Thank you! It does seem to get bigger and bigger and then the next day will be smaller, plus I'm starting to see a lump on his other side. So it does sound very similar, thanks for the advice

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back