Fungal(?) Trouble

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Birdie90

Mostly New Member
Reaction score
I got my female betta in January this year, she has been in my 36 gallon tank until I noticed her scales were missing and she had a faint whit spot on her side. I thought the missing scales were due to being picked on by other fish and the white spot from a burn because she liked leaning on the heater. So I put her in a breeder net and let her stay in the tank. Until mid February when the missing scales and white spot got worse and fuzzy; she also lost her appetite. I put her in a seperate (little) tank to care for her better. I think it's fungal but my fungal treatment isn't working. I change the water every other day and doesed the water with anti fungal. I did this for two weeks, she received no light and no heat. It looked like she was cured, she was even eating regularly again, she was even growing scales back. But now with continued water changes but no chemicals the white fuzzes and missing scales are back and it's 5x worse. And now the edges of her gills are red. I have no idea what to do

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 151
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 180
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 158
Poor thing. She in a bad state.

What are your water stats in ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, and ph.

Has the white spot have a pink or red centre, or a red edging to the spot?
Any white edging around scales?.
Or red sores around the missing scales?
Any signs of flicking and rubbing on objects in the tank?

I would medicate with Maracyn Plus, Or Tetracycline.
The Medications will wipe the good bacteria out in your filter.

http://nippyfish.net/sick-betta/cotton-wool-disease-flex/

The 36 gallon she was in when all this started had a 0pph in ammonia, and nitrite. Nitrate was about a 10, and ph was a 7.2
But the current tank she's in I don't measure that because I do a 100% water change daily. And all her spots are white and fuzzy, like I mentioned above, except on the edges of her gills those have started turning red.
I removed her from my community tank because she was and still is the only one with any symptoms. She does not flash, she just floats around the hospital tank, and it is bare no orniments or gravel. She was getting better after the first round of treatment, but 2 weeks after it was done she got 2x worse than before

Have you managed to get a treatment?

I had and she was getting better, but we moved this past weekend and the stress along with being severely sick she didn't make it. I'm very upset, she was my favorite fish, and an awesome looking betta

Sorry for your loss. Bless her.
R.I.P.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back