Fry!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

HCpetraitis

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I've been sick lately so this post is a little late but... a week ago I noticed that my MM platy was squared off (I didn't even know she was pregnant!) Well, I put her in the trap and an hour later all that I saw was three yellow eggs. :-( . I thought I should keep her in the trap for another hour to make sure she was okay and maybe I could get one baby out of her... Well, no babies showed until I let her free. I found a little baby swimming in the corner of my main tank! :shout: I spent a long time looking and ended up finding 9 little fry! I'm not sure they are from my platy though. They seem more orange than her but I guess that is kind of a stupid thought considering she gave birth an hour ago... Well, here are the pictures.

001-3.jpg

002-3.jpg

003-3.jpg

004-2.jpg

Ta-Da! :D

Those are cute fry. Do you have any mollies in the tank? I don't recall platy fry being quite that shape or that well developed right after birth.

I have one creamsicle molly( she might be the mom) one black molly, and one sunset platy. The only thiong is the sunset is only a week pregnant and I got her the same day that I found the babies so it is not her.

Hmm, one of my fry look like that too! I thought it was from my guppy, but could my black molly have see thru babies like that?
All the other babies are black (the other 5)
Anyways sorry for posting that in your post, but it's just that my fry look exactly like yours, and I dont have any female platys, just males.

Usually black molly fry are completely black but do you know that both parents, any time in the last 6 months, were black?

Hmm, no I got her when she was pregnant, :( but the other mollies all have grey on their tummies :)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back