Frustrated

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

K. Iā€™m not risking it. Nothing to really boil them in in the house as theyā€™re bigger. Was thinking of maybe having a fire in the backyard and putting a big water filled kettle on it? Weā€™ll see. Maybe just buy new.

K. Iā€™m not risking it. Nothing to really boil them in in the house as theyā€™re bigger. Was thinking of maybe having a fire in the backyard and putting a big water filled kettle on it? Weā€™ll see. Maybe just buy new.
Try drying them in the sin for a few weeks. Hopefully that would kill anything on it. It would definitely be cheaper than buying new!

If we did not have this lock down I could come over and have a cold one as we watch the fire boil the rocks;)

Try drying them in the sin for a few weeks. Hopefully that would kill anything on it. It would definitely be cheaper than buying new!
You think thatā€™d work for sure? This is kinda what I suspect possibly happened after my first disaster a year ago? I didnā€™t let them dry in the sun but they were in the freezing cold garage all dry.. I kinda think it possible something from my last disaster remained, though no way to know. It appears to be the same crap.

You think thatā€™d work for sure? This is kinda what I suspect possibly happened after my first disaster a year ago? I didnā€™t let them dry in the sun but they were in the freezing cold garage all dry.. I kinda think it possible something from my last disaster remained, though no way to know. It appears to be the same crap.
I'm not sure. I had a similar issue 2 years ago and all but 3 of my 20 something fish died. I boiled the fake plants and decorations and air dried the gravel.... @Colin_T what do you think?

The problem with lava rock is that it is so porous like a sponge is. I am not sure if there is a way to safely clean it beside boiling it.

Quick look on line (google) most talk about boiling (5), 1 talked about soaking in a vinegar solution and rinsing in hot tap water.

I'm not sure. I had a similar issue 2 years ago and all but 3 of my 20 something fish died. I boiled the fake plants and decorations and air dried the gravel.... @Colin_T what do you think?
[/QUOTE
I also had a major die off years ago, what a mess. I threw out the gravel and anything I could not clean thoroughly.

I do it for 15 seconds only. it is more of a dip. As far as a filters I would get rid of the cartridges and wipe it down inside and out if it has an electric motor .

I do it for 15 seconds only. it is more of a dip. As far as a filters I would get rid of the cartridges and wipe it down inside and out if it has an electric motor .
K. I just have 3 HOBs I use. Couple emperors and an aquaclear. Iā€™ll dip them too. Thanks.

Now I just read a post that says lava rock(which I have) will break down and crumble if boiled, and thereā€™s risk of it exploding?! This guy says to use the bleach dip. Man I think Iā€™m going new

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back