frozen brine shrimp and blood worms?

caterpillar5

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
sorry to ask very noob question, but ive never fed my fighting fish any live or frozen food b4... i just got some frozen brine shrimp and bloodworms and they come in this pack and they're cubes? how do i feed them these?
i know its stupid question..
thx

cut one cube from the pack put the rest back in the freezer
push the food from the packaging and put into the tank.
sit back and watch the feeding frenzie. :D

same as above but i defrost them first - all our fishies LOVE them esp our yoyos (suck them up like spaghetti -yuk ) & red eye tetras & neons. :D

How on earth do you defrost them? I've always put them in frozen...

i de frost them too :)

I just put it in a small jar and add some tank water and swish it about - then everyone gets some.

I put the cube in frozen but hold onto it while the fish nibble, untill it has defrosted enough.

I give my oscar and jack dempsey a frozen bloodworm capsule each morning and evening. Is that too much feeding?

I use a little dixie cup and defrost the cube in warm water making a sort of shrimp stew. I then pour in a little at a time in waves. That way it doesnt all sink and the slower fish get a chance to realize whats going on. Once I see the fish starting to let stuff hit bottom I stop.

Because I have a small tank, I use half a cube and usually dont need all of it. In addition, to make it easier for them to eat, I slice it up into thin slices with a razor blade before putting it in the cup. They used to have a hard time choking down the full sized shrimp. I tried baby shrimp but those were too small.

HTH, we had to start using frozen brine shrimp to feed our gobies who wont eat the flakes. I dont use bloodworms because the girlfriend refuses to have anything named "bloodworm" in our freezer. I cant say I blame her.

Regards,

Artuk

Artuk said:
I dont use bloodworms because the girlfriend refuses to have anything named "bloodworm" in our freezer. I cant say I blame her.
Haha, my mum is exactly the same :D

Dammit, it's not like I'm suggesting she eats them herself!

Most reactions

Back