Frog keeping African Dwarf

milleau345

Reaction score
Hi just got 4 frogs. Complete change for me. I've got 64L Tropical and 64L Fancy Goldfish. All around 8 yrs old. I have a smaller tank spare and all equipped so I brought 4 frogs. Huge learning curve!! I am told that they do not have good every day
Is this true. Ma y

I originally said we need to know what type, but then I reread the title lol

African dwarf frogs are great to keep but they are way different from fish (because, of course, they're not). When frogs are young, they benefit from being fed daily. Otherwise, 3 or 4 times a week is plenty. I fed mine frozen bloodworms and live black worms and they responded well. I used tweezers and fed every 2 days.

Hi & welcome to TFF... :hi:
Yes, those African dwarf frogs are not to be compared to fish. When I kept them, I didn't feed them daily. But just every two days.

I originally said we need to know what type, but then I reread the title lol

African dwarf frogs are great to keep but they are way different from fish (because, of course, they're not). When frogs are young, they benefit from being fed daily. Otherwise, 3 or 4 times a week is plenty. I fed mine frozen bloodworms and live black worms and they responded well. I used tweezers and fed every 2 days.
How did you get the frogs to eat from tweezers? Our frogs take about 10 minutes to approach the food we add to the tank. This includes brine shrimp, blood worms and frog pellets. Thanks.

How did you get the frogs to eat from tweezers? Our frogs take about 10 minutes to approach the food we add to the tank. This includes brine shrimp, blood worms and frog pellets. Thanks.
Lots and lots of patience. They have really bad eyes, so progress was slow. But after doing it consistently for a long while (lowering the tweezers in front of them with food, wiggling it around until they took it), they seemed to catch on

Most reactions

trending

Back