Frog Abuse

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Falconwithaboxon

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
2 frogs in these tiny tanks, maybe a quart. Toy store at my local mall had a ton of these. Extremely overpriced, around $50, and targeted at children. These kids will beg their parents to buy this for them and some parents will buy it. These frogs will live a miserable life and live another month maybe. You wouldn't force a golden retriever to live its whole life in a bathroom, why do people think it's okay to do this with aquatic life? Is it that aquatic life doesn't make real sounds? Most cannot be pet? I just don't understand.

Attachments

• PXL_20220402_192531252.jpg
    PXL_20220402_192531252.jpg
    223.5 KB · Views: 58
  • PXL_20220402_192538774.jpg
    PXL_20220402_192538774.jpg
    174.7 KB · Views: 57
2 frogs in these tiny tanks, maybe a quart. Toy store at my local mall had a ton of these. Extremely overpriced, around $50, and targeted at children. These kids will beg their parents to buy this for them and some parents will buy it. These frogs will live a miserable life and live another month maybe. You wouldn't force a golden retriever to live its whole life in a bathroom, why do people think it's okay to do this with aquatic life? Is it that aquatic life doesn't make real sounds? Most cannot be pet? I just don't understand.
Luckily they have some decor to hide in... Our local toy store sold them in bowls with only some sand... They couldn't even hide... Not saying that's any better... Its sad that people will abuse animals to make money...

That's the problem with fish and herps. You don't need to know a thing to buy them. After 50 years i still learn,and wonder why didn't I know that before?
At the least this time around I have fish going over three years in an aquarium I set four years ago. Again,trying to make it a fish home. And why my plants get pruned back hard. Fish need room to roam.

one time in a mall i saw them advertising a biosphere
it was one shrimp, one fish and one piece of java moss in a 1-2gallon sealed sphere
apparently it can last for many years without interference
but in reality i think they feed the animals at the end of the day

My golden retriever, who we got when she was 9, lived in a small bathroom-sized kennel room without getting out for 5 years. She's 14 now and still weird as a result, but people WILL do that to a golden retriever. If you go for the old myth that animals were put here for us, you can talk yourself into some awful things. And if you want that $50 above all else...
You wouldn't force a golden retriever to live its whole life in a bathroom, why do people think it's okay to do this with aquatic life? Is it that aquatic life doesn't make real sounds? Most cannot be pet? I just don't understand.
I don't really understand either, but to many, those frogs are just ornaments.

Welcome to the commercial world. This is how it works. More space means more money investment. Sadly this is the real truth in the commercial world.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back