found one of these anyone else have one???

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Magnum Man

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score

L177 Iriri Yellow Seam Pleco (Baryancistrus Xanthellus)​

1698931291011.png

also have one of these coming to go in with my Bichir & Silver Dollar tank hopefully

1698932648036.png

I'm a bit "old school" I still like having a pleco around, as long as they fit geographically in the tank ... although I quit buying common plecos since I started the tanks back up... however the common pleco is probably the best glass cleaner... they are just ugly & get too big... I really love the look of the "Royals" but they don't clean much glass, & get even bigger than the common ones

Last edited:
I've seen both, but I'm from the other religion's old schools - I don't like keeping pleco types. Those are cool ones though.

I hate them all. Bonk them on the head and fling em off a cliff by the tail 🙅‍♀️ it's a no from me
That's similar to what we used to do to blowies (brackish water pufferfish) we get around here. They are poisonous to eat and a pain due to their numbers. When the blowies moved in, you didn't catch any other fish so you play baseball with the ones you caught.

---------------------

They are ALL turd machines @Magnum Man :flushem:
They aren't all turd machines like bristlenose and common plecos. Many of the smaller species are just mild-mannered manure makers :)

I'm a bit "old school" I still like having a pleco around, as long as they fit geographically in the tank ... although I quit buying common plecos since I started the tanks back up... however the common pleco is probably the best glass cleaner... they are just ugly & get too big... I really love the look of the "Royals" but they don't clean much glass, & get even bigger than the common ones
I am gonna be adding a snowball pleco to my tank soon. Very cool looking and don’t grow as big as a lot of the other plecos. I’ll add pics once he is in probably next weekend.

Oh I have a Saja, name is cookie dough. S/he is gorgeous, very active too. Always put and about, especially when it's feeding time.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back