Found One of my Cories Dead but he looks discolored

snake90890

New Member
Joined
Dec 29, 2021
Messages
16
Reaction score
3
Points
3
Location
80122
Not sure why or how my cory died but I found him because I couldn't find all 5 of them when eating. He looks white I don't know why this is or what happened to him to make him look this way or how he died. Any help would be very nice. Also found an empty snail shell next to him don't know if it is relevant. Tank is cycled for sure tested the water yesterday and it was zeros for ammonia, nitrate, nitrite. pH sits at 8.2 and temp is at 78 F. Planted tank with snails and shrimp and Hasbrosus pygmy cories, now only 4 😢.
 

Attachments

  • IMG-3829.webp
    IMG-3829.webp
    232.2 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG-3827.webp
    IMG-3827.webp
    292.2 KB · Views: 126
  • IMG-3828.webp
    IMG-3828.webp
    218.2 KB · Views: 150
Not sure why or how my cory died but I found him because I couldn't find all 5 of them when eating. He looks white I don't know why this is or what happened to him to make him look this way or how he died. Any help would be very nice. Also found an empty snail shell next to him don't know if it is relevant. Tank is cycled for sure tested the water yesterday and it was zeros for ammonia, nitrate, nitrite. pH sits at 8.2 and temp is at 78 F. Planted tank with snails and shrimp and Hasbrosus pygmy cories, now only 4 😢.
When was the last time you saw them ALL together? It may be that it was a while after he died that you found him so he was discolored.

How long have the fish been living in the tank?
 
Fish lose color when they die. On the side a pH of 8.2 is far too high for cory's
 

Most reactions

Back
Top