Forum Newbie!

guppiegirlie

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi guys, my name is Sarah and I'm from Cumbria, England
I've been keeping fish for a couple of years now, a hobby passed on from my father. I have just recently, like a few days ago, upgraded my aquarium to a beautiful 190l tank. In it, I have some platys, guppies, neon tetras, a pair of very pretty killifish reared by my Dad, a golden sucking loach and an albino bristle nose plec, along with a few snails. My platys and guppies have been busy so there are also a few fry in there too!

In the future I would love to add a couple of peacock goby's, (possibly my favourite fish!) and some neon sword tails, and maybe even give rearing my own killifish a bash at some point

I am a forum newbie, I've never joined one before but on my Dad's advice (more than likely to stop me harassing his life whenever I have a problem!) Here I am!

Thanks for reading guys ✌

welcomeani.gif
to the forum!

Hope you enjoy and glad to have you on board :)

Hi and 
welcomeani.gif
 to the forum.
I too followed my father into fish keeping. He'd packed up keeping fish when I was in my late teens but I'd inherited the love of fish from him and when I decided to set up my first tank he was there to guide me. Then I caught my Dad one day staring into my tank longingly so I suggested he got his tank back up and running. That xmas the family bought me a larger tank (my Juwel rekord 800) brand new and I gave my 50 litre to Dad. He's now got a bachelor group of platies, two elderly black ruby barbs and oto's in it and he's back in the hobby thanks to me :) It's all good fun 

Akasha72 said:
Hi and :hi:  to the forum.
I too followed my father into fish keeping. He'd packed up keeping fish when I was in my late teens but I'd inherited the love of fish from him and when I decided to set up my first tank he was there to guide me. Then I caught my Dad one day staring into my tank longingly so I suggested he got his tank back up and running. That xmas the family bought me a larger tank (my Juwel rekord 800) brand new and I gave my 50 litre to Dad. He's now got a bachelor group of platies, two elderly black ruby barbs and oto's in it and he's back in the hobby thanks to me :) It's all good fun
Similar story! My father packed in a few years ago after his beloved Oscar died. I bought my first tank around two years ago, it was just a small 64l beginner tank and stuck to what I knew and filled it with easy fish, (guppies and tetras) and it wasn't long before my guppies bred and that was it, my Dad caught the bug again! He's just upgraded to an amazing 300l tank, I can't remember what it is but it's stunning!

Although I've bee around them a long time and have kept my own fish for a couple of years, I still very much class myself as a beginner. I've still a lot to learn!!

I've been in the hobby about 4 or 5 years now (you lose track!) and I've just kept on upgrading tanks. I'm now up to a 240 litre and it's as big as I can go for now. I live in a small flat and a four foot tank takes up more room than you'd expect! Dad's house is also small so he's happy with my old 50 litre. 

As for learning. I'm a big believer that's there's always something new to learn in this hobby. I can give you chapter and verse on all the fish I've kept over the years but I can't tell you anything much about those fish types I've not kept. This is where this forum comes in handy. You get to learn something new nearly every day. The advice is always good too and I think that's because none of us have anything to gain but knowledge :)

Most reactions

Back