Food recommendations?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

ella777

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
What and how often should I feed my circumcinctus?
I've had him for a month now, hes about 5 years old.
The past owner fed him frozen bloodworms, he loves them and so do the other fish.
I have bought 5 packets of frozen daphnia which he isnt interested in at all.
I'm happy just feeding him bloodworms as hes been fed that for 5 years and seems very healthy and happy.
I could go to my lfs and see what they have. I fear he wont eat it though, meaning waste.

When I feed him:
Half on Monday
Whole on Tuesday
Whole on Thursday
Half on Saturday

He doesn't always seem hungry so sometimes I'll feed him half on Tuesday/Thursday.

Another question, I've done some research and it seems they don't like a lot of light.
He's always had the light on for a good few hours a day (8-12).
He still comes out when the light is on and doesn't seem bothered at all by it.
Should I reduce it or leave it the same?

What and how often should I feed my circumcinctus?
I've had him for a month now, hes about 5 years old.
The past owner fed him frozen bloodworms, he loves them and so do the other fish.
I have bought 5 packets of frozen daphnia which he isnt interested in at all.
I'm happy just feeding him bloodworms as hes been fed that for 5 years and seems very healthy and happy.
I could go to my lfs and see what they have. I fear he wont eat it though, meaning waste.

When I feed him:
Half on Monday
Whole on Tuesday
Whole on Thursday
Half on Saturday

He doesn't always seem hungry so sometimes I'll feed him half on Tuesday/Thursday.

Another question, I've done some research and it seems they don't like a lot of light.
He's always had the light on for a good few hours a day (8-12).
He still comes out when the light is on and doesn't seem bothered at all by it.
Should I reduce it or leave it the same?
You shouldn’t be feeding frozen every meal. Frozen should be fed every 4 days or so and the other days should be dry pellet or flake

Frozen every day is fine. A lot depends on the fish and its digestive tract. It'd be a disaster for a herbivore but fine for a predatory fish. I use live food a lot, and have fish that haven't eaten a flake or pellet in their lives.

If I were feeding frozen, I would also consider finely chopped shrimp (human food).

How often, I don't know though. I've never kept a fish from that group.

If I were feeding frozen, I would also consider finely chopped shrimp (human food).
He does live with two amano shrimp, I don't want him to suddenly think they're food one day.
I'll get some whenever I go shopping though!

Have a talk with the fish, and explain the shrimp are a different species. I eat halibut, but I don't eat cardinal tetras.

He may well make that discovery one day though.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back