Food Issue In A Community Tank

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

BettaBoysGirl

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Well Here is the current stocking, Im working on upping the cardinals, but I tend to lose 1 or 2 with each restocking. I eventually want 12-15. I currently have a 30 gallon tank, which holds 6 guppies, and 6 Julii Cories (Though i suspect 2 of them to be falsies. Got them at a different store, different time. But they all sleep/play/ scanvenge together), and 4 Cardinal Tetras. Like i said, tetras have been the last additions. I had 7. 2 died, 1 disappeared, no Fishy body to be found... Will be getting more this week. Anyhow,
My guppies feed from the top, I never see the tetras eat from the top, they catch what falls down, and cories at the bottom. However, When the guppies and neons get done eating from the top/middle, they attack the cory food, to the point that they are getting fat, i dont mean a little, but way fat. I've gotten into a habit of feeding them every other day due to this. The Cories look healthy and fine, not thin. But I want to control the weight of the tetras and guppies, or some how get them to not eat so much in one sitting. Ive tried feeding them on one side of the tank, and the cories on the other. Doesnt work. Any suggestions? They get such a big belly on them right after feeding, they look pregnant, and all the guppies are males.

I'm having the same problem! My angels and plecos will not leave the shrimp pellets for my loaches and dojo alone, and afterward the angels bellys are huge!
if you find a solution I would love to know =(

Shrimp Pellets or Algae wafers, on the occasion brine shrimp/tubifex/blood worm mixture. Doesnt matter, they eat it all.

Well only reason I was asking is that algae wafers aren't very good for corys anyways, and one big algae wafer is a big target for lots of fish to hone in on and push the corys out.

They prefer meaty foods anyways so I would suggest you switch to feeding them something more like Tetraprima granules, this way the guppies n such would get as much of a chance to eat the food as the corys can actually go and grab a whole granule to eat as opposed to having to try and keep hold of something that's too big to fit in their mouth.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back