Fly control

Sorrell

If you're a bird, I'm a bird
Reaction score
I am going insane!!! My fishroom which is outside, is full of big horseflies :sick: . I don't know how to get rid of them. Does anyone know a product that would be safe to use out there? I don't want something that would have fumes to hurt the fish and I also have my parakeets out there too. Any ideas, or just tough it out? :flex:

One of those electronic thingys that zap the flies, I have a small one at home and it works great.

That's a good idea! Would the birds try to eat it? -_-

sorry nidge hadn't posted yet when I said that, I hope the birds wouldn't eat the zapper! :lol:

Are those zappers protected, like could a bird fly into it? :crazy:

Yes they have a protective wire around them for protection, You can get them in different sizes the one i have is a small one but it wouldn't be ok for horse flies so go for a big one. Mine only cost 14euro.

I've got a handheld electric zapper, but it's completely safe when it's off because it only uses electricity when the zapper is switched on. Works like a charm ;)

Sorrell, I use the long sticky-type fly traps that you pull out of a cylinder (like old fashioned flypaper). They're really cheap, work surprisingly well, and don't have any insecticides in them. If you mean that your birds are flying loose, I'm sure this wouldn't work for you, then the bug zappers would be the way to go. I just hate to have "one more" electrical gadget going in the fishroom.

Those electric zappers rule!!! The one I got is rated for a 2 mile radius and boy does it do its job... I find all sorts of cooked bugs in the tray.. sorta sick tho.. lol :sick:

Get a big brackish tank, put plants over the top for flies to land on, and get some archer fish! :lol: Bugzapper sounds good :D

Get a big brackish tank, put plants over the top for flies to land on, and get some archer fish!

just what i was going to mention :p

that sounds like the best solution to me ;)

Archer fish! :D

thats what I'd try

anything that containes citronela, its a natural herb... my mum puts candles made of the stuff by her backdoor/windows when she has them open, the smell seems to deter them..but with fish ur not supposed to have oilburnerse/candles anywhere near them...

it u have doors/windows.. maybe you could use stuff that ppl in the horse trade use, but place it around the OUTSIDE of your windows and doors... not the inside.. that way it should have a good effect.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back