Fluvel Flex Shrimp Tank

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
๐Ÿถ POTM Poll is Open! ๐ŸฆŽ Click here to Vote! ๐Ÿฐ
The light is growing the plants really well. I am very happy with it. These are all low- low-medium plants so I didn't need anything too bright. The tank came with a plastic-y lid with a LED light. But, the light was too dim and the plastic lid was very difficult to secure to aquarium rim. You had to fidget with it to get it to set correctly. Frustrated, I ordered this light from Buceplant because I had a store credit. Fortunately, it was a good choice.
I really like its sleek, contemporary design.
But, because of the way I have the wood positioned in tank, it doesn't take a very good picture-- casts some big shadows. I dont want to change it though--- in person these shadows look awesome. And the shrimp really seek out these spaces in the front of the tank -- where I can conveniently see them.

Got a good picture of my caradina babaulti "zebra" shrimp. One of my favorites--

YjGYYoJ.jpg

And a not so dark picture of tank:

SwmY8Py.jpg

Also, so taken with shrimp keeping just ordered a Fluvel Spec III for Golden Bee shrimp- yipee!

I ended up rescaping this tank becuase I just couldnt see into it to view my shrimp with this large driftwood stump in here. Plants are still young and have a lot of growing to do, but so far Im much happier with this set-up--- can actually see my shrimp!
Rock is Manden stone:

Not the best picture because of reflections. Ill get another one at night when not so bad. But, as of now, here it is!

ZiTMSsW.jpg

Cardadina babaulti "zebra" male and Bloody Mary Shrimp:
CIbiNmd.jpg

Bloody Mary Shrimp- berried female:

gleElFx.jpg

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back