Fluval Tank - Leaks

markyd1963

New Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2008
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Hi all,

I have a 125L fluval roma tank.

I am on my second tank because my first tank had a slow leak from under the black plastic edge trim at the top of the tank. I think the leaks comes from a build up of condensation within the tank.

My supplier replaced the tank and i have now spent 2 months setting up my new tank and transfering my fish. PROBLEM - the new tank has developed a similar leak in 2 places!!!

has anyone else had similar problems?

anyone got any suggestions?

yours hopefully

mark
 
Do you mean the actual black rim that goes round the top that stop you being able to see the waterline?

If so, mine did this and its not a leak, its actually condensation building up and getting inside, what i did with mine is take it off and used aquarium sealer to put it bk on sealing it so water could no longer build up in it..

If its the same prob, then this may help you
 
Sounds like a condensation leak, something alot of the fluval roma tanks do apparently.

I too had that from 240 and it slowly got worse over time, Hagen did replace the tank/cabinet etc for me and 'touch wood' the replacement tank has not done it since.

Apparently, you need to drop the water level and seal with silicone the glass to the black hood/rim as for some strange reason hagen didnt seal them properly!! But once thats done, you shouldnt see the leak anymore.

Alternatively contact Hagen again, ask for compensation or another tank - but its a pain transferring everything I know :)
 

Most reactions

Back
Top