Fluval Roma 90

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Proxo

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Decided to completely rebuild my 90L tank, bought some wood and stuff last weekend - this'll be the first time i'll be having live plants too.
This will be a slow project as i'm building a new stand for the tank aswell.

I will eventually be changing the stocking a little too, once i can get another longfin german blue ram.
Here's a picture so far, feedback good or bad is welcome :good:
184011_250316618321542_100000296185181_968808_3623079_n.jpg

Really like it mate, but i would be tempted to swap you rainbow rocks for darker ones which will contrast pretty well with the wood and sand.

Your tank looks a lot bigger than 90ltrs.

I wish :fun:

Really like it mate, but i would be tempted to swap you rainbow rocks for darker ones which will contrast pretty well with the wood and sand.

Cheers, i see what you mean bout the rocks - was only £1 for the 5, like a tester pot of paint :fun:

Thinking a few tall plants in back left corner, along back wall? - need something easy as pie to keep though lol.

Vallis would be fine mate and you could attatch some java fern, java moss and anubias nana to you wood. :)

Vallis would be fine mate and you could attatch some java fern, java moss and anubias nana to you wood. :)

Cheers mate, will have a look when i'm next down the shop and update soon :good:

I've just put the fish back in the tank with fake plants atm, it's looking good so can't wait to replace them with real :hyper:

that's a great hardscape already. Will be very interesting to see it planted

Switching internal over to the external tonight, will upload some 'fake planted' pictures shortly too.
Although we aint too interested in them but i can't get to the shop until my girlfriend gets a weekend off work :grr: lol.

I'm changing the stocking abit too but not sure what too yet, plan was;

2 longfin german blue ram (I've already got 1)
10 Cardinal Tetra (Got 5 already)
5 Panda Cory (Already got)
1 Clown Plec/Something similair in size (If possible)​

If i can't get a hold of another german blue ram, i'm completely lost though lol.

Here's a picture fake planted for now. Not sure about the wood on the right, might look better with some real plants blended in though?
tankfakeplanted.jpg

Here's my longfin german blue ram, male i think?
205892_251316074888263_100000296185181_972318_5080984_n.jpg

Looking good Proxo. Have a wander down to the woods and get some branches, makes for a way better natural look imo.

Plants look good too.

Nice little home for your Ram. What are his friends in there?

Looks good mate, will be much better with darker stones imo :good:

Looking good Proxo. Have a wander down to the woods and get some branches, makes for a way better natural look imo.

Plants look good too.

Nice little home for your Ram. What are his friends in there?

You get your wood from the woods? :unsure:

Cheers guys, im excited to get into the real plants though - it'll be a whole new world for me lol.

I've thought bout the branches thing, i kind of like the 'messy' natural look.
Was abit scared using stuff i got from the woods/river though, will any wood do/anything i'm not to get if i do that?

Current stocking is;
2 Platy
1 Ram
7 Danio
5 Panda Cory
5 Cardinal Tetra

But i plan on changing the stocking in the near future, stocking up abit was my plan - idk if it'll work though.

Beech and Oak is best mate. Although i have found that well dried pine seems to be very ornamental.

Have a look mate, usually as long as it is bone dry you will be fine. Although it will leech tannins, so bare this in mind if you like 'clear' water.

Tbh i honestly wouldn't know the difference between most woods, that is what scares me i guess.
I'll give it a look sometime though, could possibly get myself a few darker stones too :good:

Tannins doesn't bother me much, the colour of water is okay but it does make the tank look kind of dark too.

Does that stocking sound okay to you btw?
According to a 'tank stocking' calculator, the filter wouldn't handle it too well - fluval 105.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back