Fluval Roma 200 - Is It Any Good?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Jamiemoose

Reaction score
So i recently got a fluval roma 200, is it any good, honestly, i dont mind bad reviews, please any comments, or thoughts on the tank.

also, how should i decorate/stock it? what sort of theme? Cichlids? planted? what sorts of fish? substrate? 3d background? any ideas you think would look good, or any inspiration, this will be my second tank, and this will be considerable bigger than my last one!

thanks

I've got the fluval roma 125 and i think its a fantastic tank. Well made, and looks good (i found the cabinet instructions pretty bad though). Decoration wise is up to you realy, however, i do reccomend a planted tank, they look beutifull if done correctly. You could use a base layer such as tetraplant complete substrate underneath argos playsand as the substrate (like i do), with some mopani or redmoor wood e.t.c. you've also got a wide range of stocking options, so that realy is down to your personal preference :good:

I think they are great (I would tho because I have one, lol) take a look at the link in my sig.

If you want to put live plants in do plenty of reasearch before hand so you dont waste money and make to many mistakes along the way :good:

I think they are great (I would tho because I have one, lol) take a look at the link in my sig.

If you want to put live plants in do plenty of reasearch before hand so you dont waste money and make to many mistakes along the way :good:

Just had a read of that whole thread... i like it, but i see you didnt go with the 3d background, any reason in particular? also where did you get such a large peice of bogwood from!, overall i think it looks great though!

Fluval tanks are fantastic, especially the roma range. Congratulations. 200 litres gives you a nice scope for a wide range of fish.

Heavily planted with some nice tetras or rasboras and some smaller cichlids upto about 6"

Fluval tanks are fantastic, especially the roma range. Congratulations. 200 litres gives you a nice scope for a wide range of fish.

Heavily planted with some nice tetras or rasboras and some smaller cichlids upto about 6"

thats exactly what i'm thinking of doing, a shoal of neons or cardinals, maybe some angels, or a nice pair of discus, i would also like maybe some firemouth's and possibly some bolivian rams or something else...? any recomendations?
i wouldnt mind another nice plec, possibly a para plec, or a rare L number
i'd really love a fire eel, but i dont think that'd go down too well! :crazy:
thanks a lot for your advice! going to order 3d background in the next few days, and also buy enough black gravel, about 2-3mm so its the right size for the fish to sift through for food... as i know firemouth's do... api master test kits on the way too... althought this isnt my first tank, i want to make sure things are just right!

2-3mm gravel won't be any good, you would be better off getting sand. Something like Unipac Limpopo or Senegal are great sands. I have an Ellioti, so can't recommend the Thorichthys genus enough. Your tank isn't ideal for Discus though.

I have the Vicenza 180 currently and it is stocked with:

1 Thorichthys Ellioti
10 Harlequin Rasboras
10 Glowlight Tetra's
3 Red Eye Tetra's
3 Bronze Cories
3-4 Bristlenoses

It's also fairly planted.

2-3mm gravel won't be any good, you would be better off getting sand. Something like Unipac Limpopo or Senegal are great sands. I have an Ellioti, so can't recommend the Thorichthys genus enough. Your tank isn't ideal for Discus though.

I have the Vicenza 180 currently and it is stocked with:

1 Thorichthys Ellioti
10 Harlequin Rasboras
10 Glowlight Tetra's
3 Red Eye Tetra's
3 Bronze Cories
3-4 Bristlenoses

It's also fairly planted.

any particular reason for sand instead of gravel? yeah, discus are quite pricey tbh and also a little awkward, so im thinking probably angels, and firemouths, possibly a few bolivian rams... and some tetras, not neons though, there far too common, and the angels will just eat them...

Sand is easier to clean and looks better IMO and many others on here. I had gravel once and when I emptied it, it was disgusting. Food and poo goes into the gravel and just sits there, ( no matter how much you gravel vac). Where as sand it just sits on top, get a small length of hose pipe, wooosh it around just on top of the sand and hey presto, nice clean sand.

Also personally I wouldn't have a 3D background, takes up alot of swimming space, and doesn't look nearly as good as a well planted tank with a simple black, blue or white background. (They are also fairly expensive)

But those are just my opinions. It's your tank, make it look how you want it to look, it is you that has to look at it, and maintain it lol.

The Roma is a great tank, great look and good equipment. But they do scratch easy! :lol:

yes sand the unipac sand is great i just got the silica type i think its the senegal minnnt mentioned take a look at my journal, link is in my sig :D if you want a look at it :D really dose look nice :D

Sand is easier to clean and looks better IMO and many others on here. I had gravel once and when I emptied it, it was disgusting. Food and poo goes into the gravel and just sits there, ( no matter how much you gravel vac). Where as sand it just sits on top, get a small length of hose pipe, wooosh it around just on top of the sand and hey presto, nice clean sand.

Also personally I wouldn't have a 3D background, takes up alot of swimming space, and doesn't look nearly as good as a well planted tank with a simple black, blue or white background. (They are also fairly expensive)

But those are just my opinions. It's your tank, make it look how you want it to look, it is you that has to look at it, and maintain it lol.

ahh, thanks a lot, i'm debating at the minute about the background... i want to get a fairly realistic looking south american cichlid tank so... i'll see

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back