Fluval Mini Pressurized Co2 20G Kit

Cool thanks :)

Now I just need to wait until i move before I buy the CO2 fire extinguisher (going for 2kg model?) reasonably priced brand new.

How long do think it would last between refills by the way?

Thanks.

(I'll probably post up a photo of everything before I set it up, for some more guidance - and then conitnue it as a blog :) )

Cool thanks :)

Now I just need to wait until i move before I buy the CO2 fire extinguisher (going for 2kg model?) reasonably priced brand new.

How long do think it would last between refills by the way?

Thanks.

(I'll probably post up a photo of everything before I set it up, for some more guidance - and then conitnue it as a blog :) )

2kg is a good size. I am not sure on how long they last as i suppose thats all down to tank size and so on plus i am yet to get mine going as you know.

Someone else will be able to give more advice on this im sure.

LP

All setup :)

Really easy i was nervous but no need to have been at all. Just follow the guides and all will be good, cheers Tizer for all the help on this mate.

One last question, what would be the best starting point for BPS for my 240 litre ?

Cheers
LP

Start with about 30BPM, you're better off turning it on when you can keep an eye on your drop checker all day, after 2 hours you should get a good idea of how things are getting on, then adjust your dosing accordingly, it's likely that you'll require about 1BPS, but I would always start with less as it'd be awful if you gassed your fish.

Its very very hard to make a cylinder explode... All have fail safe pressure valves incase of overfilling. The worst that can happen is a sudden discharge which normally does not happen either. Number one cause of tank failure is getting it filled then leaving it in a hot car for a long time. Tank is chilled when it is filled then it warms up in the hot car and pressure increases inside which triggers the pressure release valve. If this valve is ever triggered it needs to be replaced. They are pretty cheap at wielding stores just need a wrench to change it. Any good tank filler is taught to never fully fill the tank either. Even with my paintball tanks that are 20ounces they normally only fill them to 19 ounces. I've had that tank fail once on me right after it was filled, it just got really really cold and started leaking dry ice. Receipt said it was filled with a full 20 ounces I'm thinking it might of been more then that. A $1 replacement pressure release valve and it was good as new.

All setup :)

Really easy i was nervous but no need to have been at all. Just follow the guides and all will be good, cheers Tizer for all the help on this mate.

One last question, what would be the best starting point for BPS for my 240 litre ?

Cheers
LP

Great Job!! :D

There are very few places in the UK that refil on site due to health and safety going mad.

Instead you normally take in the old canister and swap it out for a new full one.

In my case, its £15 a pop, which im happy to pay.

There are very few places in the UK that refil on site due to health and safety going mad.

Instead you normally take in the old canister and swap it out for a new full one.

In my case, its £15 a pop, which im happy to pay.
Its the same in the US too. Even with actual CO2 canister that are non-FE. Only paintball tanks are easily filled onsite at stores.

Just a quick couple of questions with the FE setup.

1, I have one of these diffusers below. Now i set my bubble count in the counter to be say 2bs but in the diffuser its about 1bs as you see an air pocket push through in the diffuser. Is this ok or should i make the diffuser get up to 2bs ?

co2diffuser.jpg

2. For some reason i am having nightmare with my Co2 turning on via the timer switch i think it might be an old switch so i have ordered a replacement. But apart from that when it does come on it seems the bubble count is less for some reason when nothing has been touched from the night before on the reg. Anyone else noticed or had this problem ?

Cheers
LP

Rely on your bubble counter, the diffuser will give a different bubble count due to the varying diameter/bubble size etc, as for your second question, I'm unsure, are you sure you don't have leaks?

Good point. I did check when i set the FE up but it might be a good idea to have another look. I will let you know.

LP

No leaks found. So i have adjuted the BAR upto 2 and turned down the outlet to compensate. Hopefully this will solve the problem. See how i go tomorrow no.

LP

Most reactions

Back