Hey everyone
I am using a fluval 305 external filter, set up at the moment is biomax in the first 3 baskets and carbon in the bottom three.
I want to remove the 3x carbon, was going to put pre-filter in the bottom 2 and another basket of biomax in.
Do you think this will be ok, filter has been running for approx 1 month.
I am using a fluval 305 external filter, set up at the moment is biomax in the first 3 baskets and carbon in the bottom three.
I want to remove the 3x carbon, was going to put pre-filter in the bottom 2 and another basket of biomax in.
Do you think this will be ok, filter has been running for approx 1 month.
Just a heads-up to hopefuly reduce your maintanance time. If you don't want the fine sponge going biological, rinse it in tap water at each cleaning, but I'd personaly use tank water, to avoid killing filter bacteria, as extra bio capasity IMO cannot hurt







