Fluval 2 Plus

kelly528

Fishaholic
Joined
Aug 17, 2009
Messages
662
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Vancouver, Canada
Hi there,

I am thinking of moving my endler colony to my 20g tank (it's busting at the seams lol) but am concerned that the Fluval 2 Plus will suck the little fry up... well, it's not an HOB exactly but I can just see little endler babies getting stuck to the intake.

Anyone have any experience with fluval pluses in fry tanks? I don't think I want to conduct an experiment lol!
 
it's a pretty strong filter, you could try putting some fine mesh (like the foot off a stocking) to stop the fry getting sucked up into it and reduce the flow to the minimum. That said I would suggest using a large sponge filter, it's more than enough for small bioload fish like endlers.
 
Yeah I'm just getting worried... The stocking is about 20 fry, 10 adults, 6 pygmy cories, pond snails, 6 shrimp and 3 nerite snails. I'm running an AC20 at full speed and it's planted like mad but the water has been cloudy after the latest batch of fry. Ammonia, nitrite and nitrate are coming up clean so I am stumped! Found a dead pygmy the other day and that really got me going lol... hope I'm not overleaded!
 

Most reactions

Back
Top