Floating Plants

DancingBetta

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hi everyone!
My betta is feeling stressed right now, and I was told to get floating plants. Twenty gallon tank with a betta and some Cory cats. What are the best, and hopefully pretty (and hopefully easy to find) plants that bettas love?
Thanks!

Naterjm

Fishaholic
Tank of the Month!
Reaction score
I haven’t kept bettas in about 15 years, but I currently am floating frogbit, hornwort and wisteria, the hornwort and wisteria can both be planted in the substrate when they grow some roots.

fast growing in a low light low tech tank

EllRog

Fish Addict
Reaction score
Lots of good recommendations. I can't add anymore on the plant suggestions, but as well as plants, having a background on the tank (incase you haven't already) will help massively, also having the tank set up away from doorways and heavy foot traffic areas. My bettas use their coconut huts frequently to take cover in too :)

OP
DancingBetta

DancingBetta

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Lots of good recommendations. I can't add anymore on the plant suggestions, but as well as plants, having a background on the tank (incase you haven't already) will help massively, also having the tank set up away from doorways and heavy foot traffic areas. My bettas use their coconut huts frequently to take cover in too :)
My betta is by a door... (sorry) but he seems to like people. Whenever someone comes in he swims right up to them.

EllRog

Fish Addict
Reaction score
My betta is by a door... (sorry) but he seems to like people. Whenever someone comes in he swims right up to them.
They're like puppies aren't they! I have a few tanks in an alcove in my living room which is in a foot traffic area. I reckon that because I have house plants next to their tanks aswell as plants inside, its enough cover for them to feel secure. Aslong as they have plenty of cover, they're usually fine. Just try things and monitor the behaviour :)

trending

Most reactions - Past 7 days