A few random snails
Java fern
Mopani wood

My water was tested yesterday and read: 

Ammonia: 0
Nitrate: 0
Nitrite: 0
pH: 7.0

The trouble started last week, I had one choprae danio (there were 7) suddenly swell, tiny bit of pine-coning on her chest, separated her in a floating cage, she was dead the next morning, upside down. I assumed dropsy, but not sure what happened to her. 

The same day, my black fancy guppy (there were 2) got a chunk bitten out of his tail. I assumed it was the other fancy guppy, and separated the black guppy in the floating cage. He stayed near the top for about a day. The next day, he was resting on the bottom of the cage. I believe he had some white, stringy feces. The next day he was laying on his side, and he died the following morning. 

I did a 50% water change yesterday and added a little bit of aquarium salt and Voogle, per my LFS. I've seen all the fish, excluding the danios, flash at one point. It's not constantly, but every once in a while. The fish have no other signs of disease that I can tell. They are eating, swimming normal, and have no physical symptoms aside from occasional flashing. 

What should I do? It sounds like the black guppy died from internal parasites, and maybe the danio too. I just don't like treating with medication without knowing exactly what the fish might have. But I also don't want to wait until it's too late. 

Please help. 

New fish were added on the 9th- the 2 guppies and the 3 loaches. 

No other chemicals near the tank. 

If you have 0 nitrate... your tank sounds uncycled... how long have you had your tank running?  Did you cycle it first, if so how?  What kind of test kit are you using?

I started my tank the first week of July. The tank sat running for about 3 weeks before adding fish, however I didn't do an official "cycling". 

I had my water tested by my local LFS. It's been tested every 3 weeks since July, with the same results. 

I also have a female choprae danio who is very swollen, however no pine-coning, regular swimming, and voracious appetite. I believe she is gravid, and not ill. Just a FYI. 

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back