hey peeps,
I started cycling my 125l tank 2 weeks ago by adding1 dose of 5mls of 9.5% pure household ammonia (ammonia hydroxide) to gain a 5ppm. I regularly test my tank every day and the ammonia is constant. I test for nitrite and nitrate with nothing initially but I accidently left the test tubes over night for 12 hours and they gained a slightly tinted colour indicating a presence, this could be absorbed from the air possibly.
primarily I put one java fern rooted on bog wood from the LFS display tank hoping the bacteria could be obtained from that quicker, ive also added nutrafin dechlorinator to treat my water and doses of nutrafin cycle every 7 days.
I have snails in my tank which is possibly a good sign and a couple of strange brown clumps on the sand
I have put the temp up to around 29 - 30 with lights and oxygen run full blast 24 - 7 to promote bacteria
why is amonia at 5ppm after 2 weeks with only one dose?
Should I give in and strip down, and restart my tank
I started cycling my 125l tank 2 weeks ago by adding1 dose of 5mls of 9.5% pure household ammonia (ammonia hydroxide) to gain a 5ppm. I regularly test my tank every day and the ammonia is constant. I test for nitrite and nitrate with nothing initially but I accidently left the test tubes over night for 12 hours and they gained a slightly tinted colour indicating a presence, this could be absorbed from the air possibly.
primarily I put one java fern rooted on bog wood from the LFS display tank hoping the bacteria could be obtained from that quicker, ive also added nutrafin dechlorinator to treat my water and doses of nutrafin cycle every 7 days.
I have snails in my tank which is possibly a good sign and a couple of strange brown clumps on the sand
I have put the temp up to around 29 - 30 with lights and oxygen run full blast 24 - 7 to promote bacteria
why is amonia at 5ppm after 2 weeks with only one dose?
Should I give in and strip down, and restart my tank







