Fishless Cycle

canarsie11

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
So far the ammonia I found had the following ingredients:

Water, Aqua Ammonia, And surfacants?

I have read surfacants are no good for cycling, please help! :crazy:

Buy liquid ammonia (10% water solution), NH4CO3 or NH4Cl. You add one of those until you get value "5mg/l" by your ammonia/ammonium test. Then you keep it at same value until nitrite start to increase. Then you can keep ammonia level in 5mg/l or halve it. And finally when nitrite spike is gone, you don't need to add more ammonia. Tank has been cycled.

Before you put any fish in your tank, remember to make huge water changes to lower nitrate level and to be sure that there is no ammonia in your tank.

There is also something in english.

mrV said:
Buy liquid ammonia (10% water solution), NH4CO3 or NH4Cl. You add one of those until you get value "5mg/l" by your ammonia/ammonium test. Then you keep it at same value until nitrite start to increase. Then you can keep ammonia level in 5mg/l or halve it. And finally when nitrite spike is gone, you don't need to add more ammonia. Tank has been cycled.

Before you put any fish in your tank, remember to make huge water changes to lower nitrate level and to be sure that there is no ammonia in your tank.

There is also something in english.
I know how to do the fishless cycle! What I am asking about is the ammonia source itself. :huh: :huh: :huh:

Buy liquid ammonia (10% water solution), NH4CO3 or NH4Cl.

There are prod. that you can use safely. I don't know any other stuff that can be used.

Most reactions

Back