Fishless Cycle

dipsydoodlenoodle

Fish Gatherer
Joined
Sep 1, 2009
Messages
2,791
Reaction score
9
Points
38
Location
Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Ok I'm learning about fishless cycles...my questions are what results are you looking for? I've been searching the net and found Ammonia 0ppb, Nitrite 0ppm, Nitrate 0ppm and pH of as close to 7 as possible. Are they the results you are looking for?
 
Yes to ammonia and nitrite of 0. Nitrates will be sky high (hence a final massive water change to remove these). PH is of no consequence and will be dependant on your source water. For example I doubt anybody around Kent where I am can get ph 7 water from their tap lol (more like liquid rock ph 8!).
 
Sorry if I sound dumb...So Nitrates will be high, I then change all the water to remove them - this takes it back down to 0ppm or a very low number and then it's ok to put fishies in?
 

Most reactions

Back
Top