emilythestrange
Fishaholic
Im fishless cycling my 100 litre tank with pure ammonia,
I did a silly mistake about 1 week 1 1/2 weeks ago. I put in too much ammonia as a hit and miss guess.
The ammonia didnt go down from 8+ ppm for days and days.
I got frustrated and emptied half of the tank.
I had to also remove the filter extra floss which is only meant to be running for a week, and noticed in the media of my Fluval 3plus, that the bottom part is a mucky brown colour.
Just like my small tank, so some bacteria indeed is growing.
Now my tank is really cloudy, does anyone know how long it will last. white stringy stuff is growing on the decorations and silk plants.
And i added 5ml of ammonia after it went down to 0ppm
After adding the 5ml the next day 24 hours later the reading was 4ppm
its taking ages!
Anyone got a guess on how long to wait now.
(nitrites are showing up)
I did a silly mistake about 1 week 1 1/2 weeks ago. I put in too much ammonia as a hit and miss guess.
The ammonia didnt go down from 8+ ppm for days and days.
I got frustrated and emptied half of the tank.
I had to also remove the filter extra floss which is only meant to be running for a week, and noticed in the media of my Fluval 3plus, that the bottom part is a mucky brown colour.
Just like my small tank, so some bacteria indeed is growing.
Now my tank is really cloudy, does anyone know how long it will last. white stringy stuff is growing on the decorations and silk plants.
And i added 5ml of ammonia after it went down to 0ppm
After adding the 5ml the next day 24 hours later the reading was 4ppm
its taking ages!
Anyone got a guess on how long to wait now.
(nitrites are showing up)








