Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Fishforums June 2019 Fish of the Month Contest...Enter Now!

Discussion in 'Fish Forums - Tank of the Month' started by Fishmanic, Jun 12, 2019 at 1:17 PM.

1. Fishmanic

Fishmanic Moderator
    Moderator Tank of the Month Winner!

What’s up fish peoples :fish:

It's time for Fishforums bimonthly Fish of the Month Contest.

How do I enter?
    • Take one good quality picture of a favorite fish that you own or is in your household.
    • Upload the single picture in FULL SIZE using upload controls in "reply" area. You many need to lower resolution of your camera or phone for it to load properly.
    • UNDER the picture, post any information about the fish such as species, age, tank mates, tank size, name you gave it , etc.
    • Submit the entry
    • Latest date for you to enter contest is Tuesday June 18th at 4 pm.
    • Winner will be decided by fellow members via a poll which starts after the entry period has ended.
    What do I win?
    • You will get a cool banner in your profile area noting that you are a winner of Fish of the Month.
    • Your winning entry will be showcased in a "winner" topic for all to see and to comment.
    No comments about any specific entry are allowed and will promptly be deleted. This thread will be cleaned up frequently for readability.

So take one good picture of your favorite fish that you own or is in your household and enter the Fishforums.net Fish of the Month Contest. Good Luck!

#1 Fishmanic, Jun 12, 2019 at 1:17 PM
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2019 at 5:16 PM
  2. Elephant nose 4

Elephant nose 4 New Member

IMG_20190526_28942.jpg
    Hi this is my favourite fish.
    He's an elephant nose fish, he's 8 years old I have 3 other which are 2 years. When I started fish keeping I always found these guy's really interesting so after a year off reading I decided to buy one, I tried numerous tankmates which he didn't get on with, so he eventually lived alone. I then decided to upgrade his tank and buy more best thing I done for him, such amazing fish to watch! He took a lot off hardwork but definitely worth it.
    I named him Gonzo he's grown to 12inches.
    Thank you sorry for the long post!
    He's in a 75gallon at the moment but I'll need to upgrade again soon.

#2 Elephant nose 4, Jun 12, 2019 at 2:02 PM
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2019 at 7:07 AM
    • Like Like x 4
  3. Jan Cavalieri

Jan Cavalieri New Member

Fish - Powder Blue Goumii.JPG This is one of my Powder Blue Gourami which I usually just call "You Brat" because he/she is constantly bumping the other Gourami's out of the way when they are eating something he thinks he might like and sometimes he just bumps them for no reason at all. At first they retaliated, now they all just try to hide. He does this only to the other Powder Blue as well as a pair of Red and Blue Gourami's - he totally leaves all the other species alone - they are much smaller and probably not worth his time. He's been observed trying to eat all food offered then immediately spitting it out. The ony thing he continues to try eating are the sinking wafers I feed my Cory's - the things are too hard and too big for any of them to eat. I've had him all of a week I'm always pointing my finger and saying "You brat" and he looks like he actually understands me. No real bloodshed yet, I hope it doesn't get to that point. I've purchased a bunch of different foods for all of my fish to try - cost a fortune - one is even called "food for picky eaters"

• Like Like x 3
  4. Silencedogood

Silencedogood Fish Fanatic

Male Cobra Guppy 2019.JPG
    This is my favorite male yellow cobra guppy. He lives in a 30 gallon with two other guppies, one female swordtail, five neon tetras, and one pleco. He constantly flirts and acts like the king of the tank.:) He eats tropical flakes and attacks occasional algae wafers. I named him Cobra and he is 1 1/4 inches long. Thank you!

#4 Silencedogood, Jun 12, 2019 at 7:25 PM
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2019 at 12:42 PM
    • Like Like x 1
  5. PheonixKingZ

PheonixKingZ Fishaholic

Here is my betta fish, “Blaze”!
    E00A7133-048A-4C80-8C3F-7508FC05B99B.jpeg

Name: “Blaze”

Tank size: 2.5 gal.

How long have I had him?: about 5 months

Specific Kind: Male Super Delta Tale/ Dumbo Ear Betta Fish

I love my betta fish Blaze, I have had him for over 5 months now, and he is just a little bundle of joy! Thank you for taking time to read my post. :thanks: :)

• Like Like x 4
  6. FishFinatic77

FishFinatic77 Fish Fanatic

upload_2019-6-14_14-1-36.png

This is my delta tail betta Mooki. His name comes from the word "mook" which means pearl in Thai.
    I got him just a little over two weeks ago, and he is living happily in a fully cycled, 5 gallon aquarium with a filter and heater.
    He is extremely smart and, even though I got him such a short while ago, he already knows lots of tricks. He follows my finger, jumps for food, comes when I tell him to, and swims through a hoop. Right now I am teaching him how to play soccer, and he is learning really quickly.
    He greets me every time I walk into the room, and does a little wiggle dance to try and get me to give him food.
    He is the cutest little thing and I love him so much.
    Thanks for reading my post!

#6 FishFinatic77, Jun 14, 2019 at 1:12 PM
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2019 at 3:49 PM
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Deanasue

Deanasue Fish Herder
    Tank of the Month Winner!

DED63EDF-3732-40B4-A61E-DC1CA00C29F3.jpeg This is Bruce. He is an Armageddon patterned betta with cellophane fins/tail and a rose tail. His tank is 5 Gallons. Heated to 80F. Whisper filter. He eats New Life Spectrum small pellets, frozen blood worms, brine shrimp, insect bites, and an occasional pea. He is about a year old. His tank is cleaned and substrate vacuumed once a week with an additional pwc mid-week. Thanks for looking!

#7 Deanasue, Jun 15, 2019 at 11:04 AM
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2019 at 9:26 AM
    • Like Like x 1