Fishmanic

TFF Contest Czar
Staff member
Global Moderator ⚒️
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
46ED8082-4652-4AC7-B231-848954A4AE89.png
PLEASE VOTE!

We have 5 interesting and unique fish entered into the June 2019 Fish of the Month Contest. View all the entries and descriptions below and then go to top of page and click on your choice for FOTM

Please DO NOT post any comments about any specific entry in this thread...such posts will promptly be deleted. Preferably no posts should be made in this voting topic.

Poll will close on June 25 at 3:45 pm

Good luck to our entries in the Fish of the Month contest. We at fishforums.net thank you for your participation.​

Last edited:
IMG_20190526_28942.jpg

Hi this is my favourite fish.
He's an elephant nose fish, he's 8 years old I have 3 other which are 2 years. When I started fish keeping I always found these guy's really interesting so after a year off reading I decided to buy one, I tried numerous tankmates which he didn't get on with, so he eventually lived alone. I then decided to upgrade his tank and buy more best thing I done for him, such amazing fish to watch! He took a lot off hardwork but definitely worth it.
I named him Gonzo he's grown to 12inches.
Thank you sorry for the long post!
He's in a 75gallon at the moment but I'll need to upgrade again soon.

Last edited:
Fish - Powder Blue Goumii.JPG
This is one of my Powder Blue Gourami which I usually just call "You Brat" because he/she is constantly bumping the other Gourami's out of the way when they are eating something he thinks he might like and sometimes he just bumps them for no reason at all. At first they retaliated, now they all just try to hide. He does this only to the other Powder Blue as well as a pair of Red and Blue Gourami's - he totally leaves all the other species alone - they are much smaller and probably not worth his time. He's been observed trying to eat all food offered then immediately spitting it out. The ony thing he continues to try eating are the sinking wafers I feed my Cory's - the things are too hard and too big for any of them to eat. I've had him all of a week I'm always pointing my finger and saying "You brat" and he looks like he actually understands me. No real bloodshed yet, I hope it doesn't get to that point. I've purchased a bunch of different foods for all of my fish to try - cost a fortune - one is even called "food for picky eaters"

Male Cobra Guppy 2019.JPG

This is my favorite male yellow cobra guppy. He lives in a 30 gallon with two other guppies, one female swordtail, five neon tetras, and one pleco. He constantly flirts and acts like the king of the tank.:) He eats tropical flakes and attacks occasional algae wafers. I named him Cobra and he is 1 1/4 inches long. Thank you!

Last edited:
Here is my betta fish, “Blaze”!
E00A7133-048A-4C80-8C3F-7508FC05B99B.jpeg

Name: “Blaze”

Tank size: 2.5 gal.

How long have I had him?: about 5 months

Specific Kind: Male Super Delta Tale/ Dumbo Ear Betta Fish

I love my betta fish Blaze, I have had him for over 5 months now, and he is just a little bundle of joy! Thank you for taking time to read my post. :thanks: :)

upload_2019-6-14_14-1-36.png

This is my delta tail betta Mooki. His name comes from the word "mook" which means pearl in Thai.
I got him just a little over two weeks ago, and he is living happily in a fully cycled, 5 gallon aquarium with a filter and heater.
He is extremely smart and, even though I got him such a short while ago, he already knows lots of tricks. He follows my finger, jumps for food, comes when I tell him to, and swims through a hoop. Right now I am teaching him how to play soccer, and he is learning really quickly.
He greets me every time I walk into the room, and does a little wiggle dance to try and get me to give him food.
He is the cutest little thing and I love him so much.
Thanks for reading my post!

Last edited:
END OF ENTRIES

Please slowly scroll up to top of topic as you review entries and then cast your vote for your favorite in our FOTM contest. We at fishforums.net thank you for your participation!

PS: watch for our Tank of the Month contest starting on July 1st. If you want to enter, get a nice pic or video of your tank ready for uploading to the totm contest topic.

Last edited:
C'mon people..let's support our contest by voting...if you haven't yet voted in FOTM, please review entries above and cast your vote in the poll at top of this topic...thanks for your participation!

PS: Tank of the Month will be starting on July 1st...so take a pic or upload a video to youtube and be ready to enter the TOTM contest...

Yes! Please vote now! :)

Also, could I enter in the TOTM contest, because I entered in the June TOTM contest? :)

Yes you can enter July Totm if you had entered the June contest but didn’t win.

A winner of totm, though, must skip two contests before he could enter a different tank in totm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back