fish tricks

go DG!

That's EXACTLY the method I'd be using =) I think some of my Op. Cond. jargon had rubbed off!

I've never had someone actually think of the method, I've always had to be like "nope, this is how it's done..."

I'll probably set up some sort of trainer tank... ooh, good stuff =)

Mine are blue, I like them that way =D

Calusa man just reading this is making me wanna go and buy some paradise fish as well. But i have to resist. Let me know on progress :)

But make sure that they dont get so good that they jump straight out any gaps in the tank lid!!!

I really enjoy feeding time....when I feed my angels frozen foods...I feed it to them out of my hand........I will have to try to get a pic of it.....it is so cool, they get on top of each other trying to get to the food as I hold it just above the surface.....one of my mama angels really suprised me today....she actually jumped up sticking her hear out of the water and took it out of my hand before I lowered it down....it was so cool!! :fun: :fun:

The paradise is more streamline so it would have no trouble, but the angel has got big fins which would drag. I wouldnt like the thought of a fully grown angel leaping at me! :eek:

I used to hand feed my dwarf snakehead frozen lance fish,when i opened the lid he would swim over to his feeding corner and just hang at the surface with his mouth open so i could stick them straight in his gob.I was recently showing a friend this but because he wasnt paying attention i held the fish above the tank until he was......well that was the idea anyway the snakehead had other ideas and leapt a clear foot out of the tank and snatched the fish out of my hand,he obviously enjoyed doing that because now the second he sees the fish he jumps for it,unfortunatly his aim isnt always great and sometimes my fingers get mistaken for the fish.Ouch :-(

CFC- with that pesky snakehead.

by letting it have the fish after it grabs it from your hand is only reinforing the behavior- increasing the likelihood of it's occurance AGAIN!

So why don't you back off hand feeding him for a while and see if he forgets his bad habit?

If i dont hand feed him the other fish in the tank try to steal the fish which leads to fights,and thats the last thing you want a snakhead doing.They rarely take prisoners and any aggressive act will usually end in the death of the other fish,better a few nipped fingers than fish with half their faces missing.

well, when you put it that way... :huh:

I still can't help but think there's got to be some way to break his habit... :shifty:

Hey Calusa you still around?

Did you get anywhere with that paradise fish trick?

Calusa said:
I still can't help but think there's got to be some way to break his habit... :shifty:
You gotta do what I do with the cat. When he does something you dont like. point at him and say "no" then if he does it again, repeat step one. The third time, use your pointing finger to tap him on the nose... again saying "no". lol, ok, so it might not work to well with a fish, but my cat is picking it up quickly, and its only been 3 days that I have had him. I figure he will be a dog/cat... in that I will train him.. I am used to dogs, so I will use the same general practices in training, just with less physical punishments since he is small and not the same mentality as a dog...

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back