fish tricks

You guys are tooooooo funny :p :p

Fish Psychology..... :lol: :rolleyes: B) ;) !!!!!!!

My Big Male Silver D. is just learning how to flick the heater with his tail when he's hungry, but other than that, that is really the only "trick" going on in my tank darn it!!! :grr:

Maybe I'll try that tapping three times on the lid thing and see what happens!?? :S

Silver
:*

silver said:
You guys are tooooooo funny :p :p

Fish Psychology..... :lol: :rolleyes: B) ;) !!!!!!!

My Big Male Silver D. is just learning how to flick the heater with his tail when he's hungry, but other than that, that is really the only "trick" going on in my tank darn it!!! :grr:

Maybe I'll try that tapping three times on the lid thing and see what happens!?? :S

Silver
:*
Imagine u tapped 3 times and the fish taps back :lol:

I had a hamster (who's in hamster heaven now) who lived in a red house on the third floor of his cage. When i gave it a couple of taps on the house, he would come all the way down to the front door cos he knew it was time to come out :)

Then there was the cat next door who ran for dear life when it saw me cos it knew there would be a rock or two coming its way :lol: :lol:

I replied, but I don't know where it went.. :p

Take 2!

I've been really busy, but I haven't forgotten. Once I get around to it, and make progress, I'll let everyone know!

Come feeding time, they see me coming. We got the ritual down.

1. I reach over the tank, and turn the filter on low. (fish already in a frenzy)

2. I open the cabinet underneath the tank and turn off the air bubbles. Cabinet door closes and gives a gentle bassy thumb heard thru the water. (fish are going nuts)

3.) I open the glass and say something, doesn't matter what obviously. They just hear the bass in my voice. Then i do a gentle bassy drum roll on the top edge of the tank. (fish are flopping around at the surface)

4. I put a pinch in and they go nuts. Or sometimes I'll keep the pinch between my fingers and they'll eat it right out of my hand. Good thing they don't have teeth!

The fishes we are talking about are tiger barbs and rosy barbs by the way. In case you were wondering!

- Kip

Most reactions

Back